aMPed 3.0 - revaMPed

Discussion in 'aMPed' started by Dadeo, September 17, 2009.

1. Dadeo
    • Team MediaPortal

Dadeo Docs Group Manager

Ratings:
    +3,053 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    Show System Specs
    Now that we have our own forum for aMPed, I have moved all the posts for version 3.0 here to keep the threads nice and clean :D

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. robyf
    • Team MediaPortal

robyf Retired Team Member

IT Manager
    Ratings:
    +141 / 0
    Home Country:
    Italy Italy
    Thanks Dadeo

Can't wait to try it.... It's the best skin for us having still a 4:3 client!

4. Eyep0p

Eyep0p Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    great news dadeo!
    do i have to update my mp to 1.1 to get all features or does it works with 1.0.2, too?

5. Dadeo
    • Team MediaPortal

Dadeo Docs Group Manager

Ratings:
    +3,053 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    Show System Specs
    @Eyepop, aMPed 3.0 is for MP 1.0.2, although it has been tested and works on MP 1.1.0 - but we are ironing out a couple of issues there. The next release of aMPed will support all the new features in MP 1.1.0 but they are still being added! Thanks for pointing that out, I added it to the first post.

Can you believe my power went out for the whole day just as I was updating the first post and loading the file for download. What timing!

6. 2BitSculptor
    • Team MediaPortal

2BitSculptor Super Moderator

Sculptor - Maquettes, Resin Figure Model Kits, Toy
    Ratings:
    +396 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Show System Specs
    Very sweet.......

Only a couple things I would change for personal preferences... I'll show you when I'm done (but don't expect it soon) ;) And I'm gonna bump it up to 800x600.

Love both the indigo and the gray, but my decor calles for the blue.

Chuck

7. Dadeo
    • Team MediaPortal

Dadeo Docs Group Manager

Ratings:
    +3,053 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    Show System Specs
    Download link is now available in the first post. Sorry for the delay, but Migue added some very nice refinements to the Installer.

Chuck that would be awesome if you could use your experience with True Vision to bump it up to 800x600 (true 4:3). A lot of users would appreciate it! And I would value any of your great design changes because I love your style!

8. Reg

Reg Portal Pro

Retired
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand

9. Reg

Reg Portal Pro

Retired
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand

10. Dadeo
    • Team MediaPortal

Dadeo Docs Group Manager

Ratings:
    +3,053 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    Show System Specs
    Hey Reg - do you mean BasicHome or MyHome? I am guessing BasicHome. Which version did you select in aMPedConfig? If you selected the revaMPed 3.0 Mod, then Movies is set to go to MyFilms, so I am guessing that is why it is not working for you.

You probably should use the revaMPed 3.0 to start, not the Mod. On revaMPed 3.0 all the main menu items are set to go to default MP windows precisely to avoid this problem. So Videos goes to MyVideos etc. The Mod version is a sample you can use to Modify BasicHome the way you like. I did explain all this in the Wiki pages :) But I also never read stuff unless I have to!

Your other option is to modify the sample Mod and change the link for Movies (and anything else you like) which is pretty easy to do! (See Customizing BasicHome 3.0). If you want to make several changes I recommend you copy the Mod to a new folder and name it Reg Mod or something. Then make all the changes you like in that Mod. It will automatically appear in aMPedConfig in the drop down box to select your BasicHome option.

I hope to get this automated for you in a future release if possible.:D

EDIT: Oh yeah, if you just press the right arrow on Movies, you will get the links for all the plugins related to Movies.

11. jamiro

jamiro Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +8 / 1
    Home Country:
    Dadeo,

I'm having major problems modifying the Movies submenus. When I make changes the submenus stop working as described by reg above. I have checked and double checked my changes, doing very simple stuff like commenting out a menu item, but have been frustrated over and over again.

Could you check it out, seems like something weird is happenning there, I have made successfull changes to all the menus except Movies.

Thanks.

P.S This is BasicHome revamped 3.0

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!