aMPed 3.0 - revaMPed (1 Viewer)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Now that we have our own forum for aMPed, I have moved all the posts for version 3.0 here to keep the threads nice and clean :D

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Thanks Dadeo

Can't wait to try it.... It's the best skin for us having still a 4:3 client!

Eyep0p

Portal Pro
    June 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    great news dadeo!
    do i have to update my mp to 1.1 to get all features or does it works with 1.0.2, too?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    @Eyepop, aMPed 3.0 is for MP 1.0.2, although it has been tested and works on MP 1.1.0 - but we are ironing out a couple of issues there. The next release of aMPed will support all the new features in MP 1.1.0 but they are still being added! Thanks for pointing that out, I added it to the first post.

Can you believe my power went out for the whole day just as I was updating the first post and loading the file for download. What timing!

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Very sweet.......

Only a couple things I would change for personal preferences... I'll show you when I'm done (but don't expect it soon) ;) And I'm gonna bump it up to 800x600.

Love both the indigo and the gray, but my decor calles for the blue.

Chuck

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Download link is now available in the first post. Sorry for the delay, but Migue added some very nice refinements to the Installer.

Chuck that would be awesome if you could use your experience with True Vision to bump it up to 800x600 (true 4:3). A lot of users would appreciate it! And I would value any of your great design changes because I love your style!

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Download link is now available in the first post.

I just installed aMPed 3.0 and it installed first pop no problems. All I can say is wow what a fantastic job you have done, so simple to configure and the menus all seem to work and look fantastic. Well done. :D:D:D

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Download link is now available in the first post.

I just installed aMPed 3.0 and it installed first pop no problems. All I can say is wow what a fantastic job you have done, so simple to configure and the menus all seem to work and look fantastic. Well done. :D:D:D

One thing I have noticed is that on my home menu I have an item simply titled Movies, it does nothing and I cant figure out where it comes from.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey Reg - do you mean BasicHome or MyHome? I am guessing BasicHome. Which version did you select in aMPedConfig? If you selected the revaMPed 3.0 Mod, then Movies is set to go to MyFilms, so I am guessing that is why it is not working for you.

You probably should use the revaMPed 3.0 to start, not the Mod. On revaMPed 3.0 all the main menu items are set to go to default MP windows precisely to avoid this problem. So Videos goes to MyVideos etc. The Mod version is a sample you can use to Modify BasicHome the way you like. I did explain all this in the Wiki pages :) But I also never read stuff unless I have to!

Your other option is to modify the sample Mod and change the link for Movies (and anything else you like) which is pretty easy to do! (See Customizing BasicHome 3.0). If you want to make several changes I recommend you copy the Mod to a new folder and name it Reg Mod or something. Then make all the changes you like in that Mod. It will automatically appear in aMPedConfig in the drop down box to select your BasicHome option.

I hope to get this automated for you in a future release if possible.:D

EDIT: Oh yeah, if you just press the right arrow on Movies, you will get the links for all the plugins related to Movies.

jamiro

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Dadeo,

I'm having major problems modifying the Movies submenus. When I make changes the submenus stop working as described by reg above. I have checked and double checked my changes, doing very simple stuff like commenting out a menu item, but have been frustrated over and over again.

Could you check it out, seems like something weird is happenning there, I have made successfull changes to all the menus except Movies.

Thanks.

P.S This is BasicHome revamped 3.0

Users who are viewing this thread