Not open for further replies.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi all, Merry Christmas to everyone! I was trying to get aMPed 3.1 ready for you to play with over the holidays, but didn't quite make it!!!

However, we are VERY close. What I need is five eager users to test the new version. At least one user should test in MP 1.1 - even though aMPed does not officially support it yet i want to make sure it works for our early bird MP 1.1 users.

The big changes are:
    • New Editor for both BasicHome styles - Classic (button style), and revaMPed (vertical submenu style)
    • New WineGlass theme
    • Support for several more plugins like Music Videos, Anime, StreamedRadio and Scorecenter
    • Support for the new, soon to be released version of MovingPictures 1.0
    • More Layout and Graphics Improvements
    • Bug fixes - like the Mini TV Guide
      And the BIGGEST CHANGE OF ALL!
    • New Fanart Handler Plugin - developed by cul8er for the x-factor skin. See Fanart Handling to get ready for this exciting new development in MP!
    With the fanart handler plugin YOU control what backdrops display. If you don't have fanart or don't like backdrops, and don't enable the fanart plugin, aMPed will display big covers for you instead. I hope you are reading this Latvian3Dman!

However, if you do have fanart and enable this plugin, it will fade between multiple backdrop images - just like the MovingPictures and TVSeries plugins do, in almost all Music and Video windows. Soon it will also provide download of Music Fanart from htbackdrops.com. It even allows you to display random fanart images from your fanart folders for TVSeries, Videos, Moving Pictures, Music, Games, Pictures and more, without the memory limitations of the multiimage controls that aMPed used previously.

Perhaps best of all, the Fanart Handler Plugin creates a 'central' folder for your fanart - in the new [userdata]\thumbs\skin fanart folder. This means you can use your fanart in any skin without copying it, or when you upgrade to a new version of a skin... like aMPed!!!

So anyone interested? I won't release the new version until it has been properly tested, so please sign up soon - either here in the forum, by PMing me, or join us in IRC channel #amped.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, with the fanart handler you can also select the resolution of images you wish to use as backdrops - so no more poor quality thumbs will display!

photopeter

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: aMPed 3.0 (4:3) - revaMPed!

Hi.
    I'm willing to test, and I use MP1.1 with latest SVN and Moving Pictures 1.0... :)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Re: aMPed 3.0 (4:3) - revaMPed!

OK that's two for MP 1.1! I don't mind if there are more than five testers since no one tests everything! But we need some 1.0.2 users.

Thanks for the quick reply guys, I was not expecting that! And nice to see you're still around EyePop. I'm sure if there is a bug you will find it :).

Automerged Doublepost:

In addition, Joz had done some skin files for 4TR (For the Record) and HTPC Info, before he retired from skinning. But I have not found anyone to test these. If someone is willing, I can include them in aMPed 3.1. If not, I guess they bite the dust!

ixdvc

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: aMPed 3.0 (4:3) - revaMPed!

I have MP 1.0.2 with Moving Pictures 0.7.5 and I can test the new version, but not the TV section as I don't use it.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Thanks guys!

ixdvc - you do not have to test everything - as long as at least one tester has tested each window/feature I think that is enough. Of course, the more testing done, the better for all users :). Also, no worries about Moving Pictures. Migue has programmed aMPedConfig so it will auto detect your version and use the correct skin files for you! :)

marcsulf

Portal Member
    March 16, 2009
    Boise, ID
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

QUOTE]In addition, Joz had done some skin files for 4TR (For the Record) and HTPC Info, before he retired from skinning. But I have not found anyone to test these. If someone is willing, I can include them in aMPed 3.1. If not, I guess they bite the dust![/QUOTE]

Is there any progress on the aMPed skin files for 4TR (For the Record)? I really love this skin, but as a 4TR user, I can't get the full functionality from it without 4TR skins.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi Marcsulf - Yes there is some progress :) MP User Trigo offered to test and we have started. But I have been busy installing Win7 64 bit and MP 1.1.0 RC1 hoping I can get 4TR to work. So there are some functional files in aMPed SVN already if you wish to try them out. See the SVNUsage Wiki page. I would appreciate the feedback! It is very hard to skin them blind. So once I get MP working perfectly I will try to install 4tr.

Are you still using 1.0.2 as your system specs say?

marcsulf

Portal Member
    March 16, 2009
    Boise, ID
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    So there are some functional files in aMPed SVN already if you wish to try them out. See the SVNUsage Wiki page. I would appreciate the feedback! It is very hard to skin them blind. So once I get MP working perfectly I will try to install 4tr.

Are you still using 1.0.2 as your system specs say?

Thanks, Dadeo. Yes, I am using MP 1.0.2.

I originally posted this on the Issue 59: Support ForTheRecord thread on the aMPed Issues page, but I'll post them here too, just to make sure it gets seen:

I've been testing the 4TR files for aMPed, and have encountered a couple of issues.
    First, on the Recorded Programs page, the menu buttons do not update text. "Layout"
    always says "Icons", and "Sort by" always says "Channel", regardless of what is
    actually set. Second, on the TV Guide page, there does not appear to be any way of
    changing which channel group is showing. Other than that, I have not seen any
    issues.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom