aMPed 3.2 - mega-aMPed for MP 1.1.x! (1 Viewer)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    aMPed - the skin you practically design yourself!

Ver 3.2 for MP 1.1.0 - mega-aMPed - Released Sep 8, 2010

NOTE: Skins often do not support the same versions of plugins. It is very likely that a plugin will work in one skin and not another. Always check which versions of plugins a skin supports before installing, especially when installing skins that include plugins as part of their installer.

Download: Google Code or NEW MP Repository/Downloads or use MPEI (MediaPortal Extensions Installer)

Now supports 16x9 widescreens too!

BasicHome_revaMPed.jpgTVGuide10line.jpgMusicAlbums.jpgVideoOSD.jpgSplashwide.jpg
    More 16x9 Screenshots

Designed for 4:3 screens, aMPed supports up to 18pt font size for readability on even smaller TVs.
    Fanart is supported in most music and video screens via the Fanart Handler plugin, but if you turn off fanart, large thumbnail images display instead.

VideoBigCover.jpgTVSeriesBanners.jpgMovPicsDetails.jpgPictureIconsMenu.jpgVideosFilmstrip.jpg
    More 4x3 Screenshots

There are many options for configuration using aMPedConfig via a desktop shortcut.
    • two screen sizes (4x3 or 16x9) so far!
    • two styles - fanart or big covers (thumbnail images)
    • three font sizes - 18pt, 15pt (default) or 12pt
    • four themes - aMPed, Monochrome, Super Blue and Wine Glass
    • four backdrop styles - Single Image, Multiple Images, Fanart, or None, or use thumbnail backdrops in Pictures and Video Shares view
    • two layouts for Basic Home - revaMPed or Classic
    • two layouts for TV Guide - 8 or 10 line
    • two layouts for Video Shares (Covers or Thumbs)
    • even select your own list widths and short date formats.
    Change your selections as often as you like. Now you can even save them in Profiles! Each user in your household can starup aMPed with their own settings - theme, backdrops, font size etc.

EditorClassic.jpgConfigLayouts.jpgConfigBackdrops.jpgEditorRevaMPed.jpgConfigThemes.jpg

Please note, due to major changes in the structure of Basic Home (both Classic and revaMPed), any previous mods you did in aMPed 3.1 probably won't work. Just recreate them. Sorry about that!

What's New? aMPed 3.2 is 'mega-aMPed' with:
    • Multiple Screen Sizes– 4x3 and 16x9
    • MP 1.1.0 skin features – like image borders, shadow text, vumeters in Music NowPlaying, Video OSD logos and pulse animations.
    • aMPedConfig Profiles – save your settings and just load your profile or autorun amped using a selected profile - great for systems with multiple MP Users who prefer different skin styles!
    • Basic Home Editor – now supports fanart backdrops on Classic Basic Home or use the new Browse feature to select any Single image or Multiple Image folder on your HDD for backdrops on Classic or revaMPed Basic Home.
    • Plugins – all Supported Plugins have been updated to the latest version - that means almost all of them! Many require skin changes, so make sure you use the version supported by aMPed 3.2.
      • Infoservice, Fanart Handler, and Webbrowser - are no longer installed with aMPed. Please use the MPEI installer to install or update these plugins.
      • TVGemist - has been removed as it is now supported by OnlineVideos plugin
      • MyYoutube - has been removed as it is no longer supported. Both Youtube.fm and OnlineVideos support Youtube video playback.
      • Games - Please note that many games require a fix to work in MP 1.1.0 you can get a Games Pack with them all in Plugins Forum
      • File Explorer - now replaces the old MyExplorer plugin
      • Alarm - new plugin since it is no longer distributed with MP
      • Extensions - new plugin works with the MPEInstaller to let you manage extensions within MP
    Further Info:
    Project Home: Unique Features, What’s New, and further Info
    Changelog: All the gory details
    Quick Start : Install Instructions. Read first then just run the Installer
    Wiki: Using and customizing aMPed
    Issue Tracker: Bug reports and feature requests
    Using SVN: Keep up to date with all the latest fixes or enhancements
    Supported Plugins All the plugins supported by aMPed and the versions you should use.​

Credits:
    The aMPed Team:
    • Dadeo - Project Coordination and Skin Design
    • Migue - aMPedConfig and BasicHome Editor
    • Chefkoch - NSIS Installer. MPEMaker and invaluable technical support
    • Reg, TLD, Migue and Eyep0p - testing
    • Joz (retired) - original skin design, including the basic concept design/layout for aMPed
    Special thanks to cul8er for the awesome Fanart Handler plugin on which aMPed is based!

If you like aMPed, just press the Thanks button (lower right of this post by the Quote/Reply buttons). Or help new users by rating the skin in MP Downloads
    :D

Pom

Portal Pro
    August 10, 2006
    Gloucester
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: aMPed 3.2 - mega-aMPed!

Hi - i can't find a better place in this forum to ask this possibly dumb question: how do you turn on TV subtitles in aMPed? In other skins the option to turn subs on and off is part of the OSD after pressing "i" on MCE remote, however not in this one...

Have just switched to this skin by the way, now it supports 16:9 displays - so far so good and impressive (apart from subs)!

Thanks

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Hi Pom - I have never used subtitles in TV but afaik the shortcut key is 'L' on a keyboard. With a Remote, I don't know if any key is set to toggle Subtitle display, but you can program Show Subtitles to a key on whatever remote you are using and I think that will work. Perhaps some aMPed users have used subtitles and will know more?

I tried to keep the aMPed OSD clean and simple as I hate it when the OSD covers most of the video image. But in the next version I have plans to do an expandable OSD like Blue3wide has in MP 1.1.0 since that solves the problem and I really like it.

Pom

Portal Pro
    August 10, 2006
    Gloucester
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Thanks for the swift reply Dadeo. Would you consider putting in buttons for subtitles & audio settings in the proposed expanding OSD just like Blue3Wide does? Subtitles are used about once or twice a year in our house when a particular friend comes round, but i just think it's neat to be able to toggle DVB subs on/off via the OSD and this was the first thing i spotted was missing from the skin. This is my favourite skin so far (shameless @rse-kiss!) but it's the only skin i've come across so far where this feature is missing...

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Would you consider putting in buttons for subtitles & audio settings in the proposed expanding OSD just like Blue3Wide does?
    Yep, that's exactly what I meant, sorry for not being clearer.

And even a*se kissing is appreciated :p After all the time it took to get aMPed to this point!

The main reason there are so many user options is because there are so few skins left for 4x3 and aMPed was designed to give 4x3 users as many options as possible. So it's like several skins all rolled into one. The design will always give priority to 4x3 screens as those users don't have many other options. However, the 16x9 version is new, and I already have ideas how to improve it while maintaining the integrity of the 4x3 design. I just need a lot more time, help, and some new MP skin features which are already in development and soon to be released :D

photopeter

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: aMPed 3.2 - mega-aMPed!

Hi.
    I'm very happy that I can use "my" aMPed Skin again after buying a new 42" LED TV. Many Thanks Dadeo. :D

I was fiddling around with Streamed MP and PureVision but I absolutely prefer aMPed. Looks amazing great on the big 1920x1080 Display.

I would like to have a (hopefully) simple change on the 16x9 Layout... On 16x9 screen there's enough space left to have "long" date formats without scrolling. The date field could be a lot longer without messing things up. So if the length could be changed this would be great. I haven't found this part in the xml files up to now so I can't change it myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom