Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi all:

I am about to load aMped 3.2 to SVN for testing. aMPed 3.2 requires MP 1.1.0 RC4 or later.

Anyone who wishes to help test, just send me your email and I will add you to our Google Wave for aMPed Testing. There you will find all the instructions required.

I really hope some of you will sign up to test the new 16x9 version of aMPed. It is not a separate skin, it is incorporated into aMPed, so it includes all the same features in the Editor and Config. You just select the screen size in Config.

I hope to have 3.2 released for MP 1.1.0 in a few weeks. Hopefully there will not be many more changes before then!

Thanks
    Dadeo

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Since MP 1.1.0 final is scheduled for release Jul 16th, I would like to release aMPed 3.2 soon after. So all testers should complete testing by Jul 9!

Sadly, a number of users who offered to test, simply requested the test version but never reported any test results so far. :(

The good news is our three testers: Reg, Eyep0p and TLD, plus Migue (our aMPedConfig developer) did manage to find a few important bugs and save everyone!

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Sorry I wasn't able to participate... too many things happening at once. I'm going to hold off on upgrading my 1.0.2 Mp to 1.1 till later this month, so I won't even be able to use aMPed 2.3 till then.

My youngest daughter and her husband are soon to present their first child. We are waiting for the call and can receive it at any moment (official due date is Monday). We will then be out of town for at least a week.

Best regards,

Chuck

cehes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 25, 2008
    Landes
    Home Country
    France France
    Re : aMPed 3.2 Testing

Hi, i was one who vote for 16/9 skin, you made it, then i should test it !

Not sure i'll be able to do intensive testing, but i'll do my best

tx

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Chuck - congrats Grandpa! I'm not sure I am ready for your test results anyway LOL! I am sure you will have some of the same problems with overscan, but hopefully aMPed 3.2 will be easier to change. Now that aMPEd can support multiple screen sizes maybe we can define a screen size layout that works for you so you never have to change it again in future.

cehes - replied to your PM. Thanks.

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Re: Re : aMPed 3.2 Testing

hi Dadeo ! how are you ? do i read corect ....:) do aMPed going to be also in 16/9 ....?

can we get some info ....

Hi, i was one who vote for 16/9 skin, you made it, then i should test it !

Not sure i'll be able to do intensive testing, but i'll do my best

tx

cehes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 25, 2008
    Landes
    Home Country
    France France
    Re : aMPed 3.2 Testing

Yes it is, and really in a good way : circle are round, square are square ! this is the first time i try this skin and i'm impressed, really a good look !

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi ysmp - How are you? I am exhausted! Yes, aMPed 3.2 will include a screen size option. It is not a separate 16:9 skin and the widescreen resolution is currently 1024x576 to make it easier to scale elements. However, thanks to MP, it scales quite beautifully on my 16:9 42" widescreen. You see, I had to do it for myself ;)

The design is basically the same as the 4:3 version, and the 4:3 will always have top priority regarding the design, because there are so few skins left for 4:3 users. That does impose a few limitations, and I would have designed some things differently if it was only a widescreen skin (where there is a lot more room!). But I wanted to get practice at skin design style for MP2 - which can scale for any screen size.

The good part is you get all the same features, themes, Basic Home Editor and config options, etc in both screen sizes.

Here is a teaser screenshot for you of TV Series. The design for most screens is similar. For the rest, you will have to wait a couple weeks until the testers are done, and MP 1.1.0 is released. :p

And thanks cehes for the compliments!

Attachments

• ampedTVSeries.jpg
      ampedTVSeries.jpg
      43 KB

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi ysmp - How are you? I am exhausted! Yes, aMPed 3.2 will include a screen size option. It is not a separate 16:9 skin and the widescreen resolution is currently 1024x576 to make it easier to scale elements. However, thanks to MP, it scales quite beautifully on my 16:9 42" widescreen. You see, I had to do it for myself ;)

The design is basically the same as the 4:3 version, and the 4:3 will always have top priority regarding the design, because there are so few skins left for 4:3 users. That does impose a few limitations, and I would have designed some things differently if it was only a widescreen skin (where there is a lot more room!). But I wanted to get practice at skin design style for MP2 - which can scale for any screen size.

The good part is you get all the same features, themes, Basic Home Editor and config options, etc in both screen sizes.

Here is a teaser screenshot for you of TV Series. The design for most screens is similar. For the rest, you will have to wait a couple weeks until the testers are done, and MP 1.1.0 is released. :p

And thanks cehes for the compliments!

HI Dadeo ! very cool , can't wait to test it... (the 16/9 ).....;) ...wall i have to wait a few weeks ...
    your screen of the tv series ..look great ... i complitly got your meaning abut the priority for 4:3 .

cant wait to see what you will do for mp2 ...:D

and tack some rest .....:rolleyes:

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    ysmp if you would like to test it officially now, just PM me your email address - preferably gmail if you have one so you can access the Test Docs. You are so knowledgeable about MP and using SVN, I am sure you can do a lot even in a week or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom