aMPed update for MediaPortal 1.2 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLD

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Rainy Washington
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Now that MP 1.2 Beta is out and there are a lot of changes can we get an updated aMPed Dadeo.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yes it is on its way! I am trying to decide how many of the new skin features to add, or just release a 'working' version.

Maybe aMped (with multiple screensizes and fonts) is more complicated than other skins, but I really don't know how other skins are already released, because I am finding that skin changes are required for many of the new 1.2.0 version plugins.

So I am upgrading aMPed 3.3. for all the latest plugin releases:
    Already done:
    • TVSeries
    • Fanart Handler
    • InfoService
    • Online Videos
    • Showtimes
    • SportScores
    • RadioTime
    • MyFilms 5.0 beta (soon to be released)
    I am currently working on MovingPictures and trying to keep track of all the plugins that release 1.2.0 versions. It's a full time job!

But should be soon, as long as I do not run into too many difficulties!

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    Thanks for the update Dadeo, the multiple screen sizes and larger fonts are really what i like about aMPed, Is there a way to release a SVN and then update for plugins as time allows?

Thanks for all the hard work your putting in.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi TLD - Yes there is already a SVN branch for aMPed 3.3: checkout url is
    Code:
    http://amped.googlecode.com/svn/branches/3.3
    But of course you have to build the installer using the BUILD_Installer.bat in the build folder, same as you did when testing 3.2, in order to get a working version of aMPedConfig.

Even now, it should mostly work. The main issue is you cannot EDIT BasicHome yet and if you use fanart on BasicHome you will want to. Maybe I can upload my fanart versions as well. There are lots of changes I still need to make to BasicHome -removing now obsolete plugins etc.

Hopefully I can get that cleaned up and working in the next day or so.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    Thank Dadeo I'll check it out.

Edit: Any chance of getting aMPed to support "HTPCInfo plugin" this time around it very handy on the tv server as it shows if the server is recording in the Windows task bar. It gives a heads up for dummies like me so i don't restart the server while recording. lol

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    Hmmm, Having a problem building the install file clicked the build bat and all i get is a build log that can't be good, attached build log.

Build log says "For SearchPath "{HintPathFromItem}".
    Considered "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Utils.dll", but it didn't exist."

I looked this up and Utils.dl is there. Any help would be appreciated.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi TLD - yes the Build_Installer.bat got set to 64 bit as that is what Migue and I use. Migue fixed that now, so should be working. :D Migue!

I have also committed the latest changes for BasicHome. So you should be able to recreate any mods. Remember to start from the original revaMPed or Classic Basic Home. Migue is working on a way to get the Editor to auto update existing mods, but I don't think that will make it into 3.3. However, 3.4. should follow fairly soon with some cool new additions.

I have also added a bunch of new backdrops for 3.3. I'm not sure we need all those, but some feedback would be nice so I can decide which ones to keep or not. They work for all Themes now, so if you use multiimage backdrops on BasicHome you can select any of the new folders in the list. I have changed the default ones on revaMPed and Classic Basic Home as well as on MyHome and Plugins windows.

Let me know how it is working for you. Still lots to do! I am hoping to finish MovingPictures and add coverflow to all windows that can support it today.

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    Seems to be working great so far, I used the editor to remove some menu items i don't use in basic home and it worked fine. I see you got MovingPictures done and its working fine for me. I don't care for the multicolor backdrops. I like the landscapes best.

I'd like to see the dark forest backdrop that was in aMPed 3.2 included please, it was my favorite.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi TLD

Great! Thanks for the feedback, especially that editor is working.

So do you mean I should only provide the Landscape backdrops? Did you check out MyHome and Plugins screens? They use diff backdrop folders, like Travel, etc. I added the Floral backdrops Folder for WAF ;) Since you can create a profile for each user.

I assume you backed up aMPed 3.2? So you should still have the dark forest backdrop? Yes it looked good in Monochrome. I will have to hunt and see if I can find a hi res version which looks much better on widescreen and include it.

Here is what I do for backdrops:
    1. Copy them all to the \thumbs\Skin FanArt\UserDef\pictures (new folder structure in latest Fanart Handler)
    2. Set my Home Backdrops to Fanart>Pictures
    Because I am too lazy and don't have time to decide which ones I like, or change them every few days. :p

Another option is to delete the ones you don't like, OR copy the ones you do like to other folder(s) on your HDD, then you can select those folders using the Editor Backdrops > Multiimage > Browse option.

I am still checking Plugins as new 1.2.0 versions seem to be posted daily. Almost done adding coverflow.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Dadeo

TLD

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2007
    Rainy Washington
    Home Country
    "So do you mean I should only provide the Landscape backdrops?" No i just like them the best others will like different things.

"Did you check out MyHome and Plugins screens?" You bet, I have gone in and removed all the multicolor backdrops and created a radio folder then moved the tubes backdrop and receiver backdrop from the music backdrop folder along with 2 city lights backdrops to the radio backdrop folder. Then i moved the waterfall backdrop and the river backdrop to the music backdrop folder along with the sheet music and turntable backdrops that were still there. Then used the editor to switch radio to the radio folder i made and its just the way i like it now, thank you for the tip Dadeo.

I have a couple questions 1) will it overwrite the new folders i made for backdrops when i update the SVN and do a new install.
    2) Any chance of getting aMPed to support "HTPCInfo plugin" this time around.

"I assume you backed up aMPed 3.2?" No i didn't think to do it and i did a clean install of MP. I did find the dark forest backdrop and the sun burst forest pic's in C:\Documents and Settings\Ted\My Documents\MPsettings\MP_User\skin\aMPed\Media\animations\Home which must be a backup i made at some point, i'm just clad i forgot about it because i thought i had lost all my custom TV logos but they are there too. COOL

Does aMPed classic view use the travel backdrops mine seem to be using that folder i noticed a backdrop folder called aMPed with lightning and fireworks pic's and thought maybe it was suppose to use that one?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread