An unknown error occurred (unable to start graph) using DVBIP (1 Viewer)

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Can you repeat the error? In MPIPTVSource.log is nothing about error, there is logged information from 11:41:41, but error occured on 11:26:54. From error code it seems that connection to HTTP server was not opened or were not received any data. Clear logs and try again.

It's just a hunch, but I think my issue has something to do with the timeshifting not stopping before switching channels.
    What happens is:
    1- I start MediaPortal and turn on TV. Channel is displayed immediately (=GOOD)
    2- I switch a channel and I get Unknown Error Occurred after 5 secs.
    3- I switch to the same channel again and it works.

Could the order be the problem (combined with the fact I'm using a single tuner dvb->ip device called anysee N7?
    It can be anything. In last posted logs isn't logged any problem, so clear all MP and TV server logs and make test again. When problem occurs, close MP, pack all MP and TV server logs and post them.

Nervesagent

Portal Pro
    February 26, 2014
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    it happens on both clients...heres the log for the client that doesnt run tv server[DOUBLEPOST=1433363575][/DOUBLEPOST]heres the log from the client running on the tv server machine..

i still think its the fact that timeshift has not stopped for one channel before its tuning to another.

Last edited:

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Interesting. I found 3 successfull tunes, but their times are very high: 4.045, 1.45 and 3.846 seconds. Maybe your problem is in timeout (which is for IPTV and HTTP protocol set to 5 seconds). But, you can change it. In TV server configuration tool enable MediaPortal IPTV filter and url source splitter, go to Database editor section, find and select program with problem (934.RTL_8_HD ?). In lower part you should see various options, find OpenConnectionTimeout. Set it to higher value (e.g. 10000) - value is in milliseconds, so 10000 means 10 seconds. Press Store changes to store changes into TV server database. Then try again to tune and change channels.

upload_2015-6-3_23-26-55.png

Nervesagent

Portal Pro
    February 26, 2014
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    It's not the tuning timeout. I set it to 25000 (25 secs) and I still get the error when switching channels.
    Like I said.. To me it's like the tv-server tries to tune to a new channel when timeshifting is not yet stopped for the old channel and has no free tuner cards because of that. When it generates the error message, timeshifting of the old channel is finally stopped and thus the next time I tune in to the channel it does work..

It's just annoying to have to wait for the error message and then again select the channel before it plays. You can't see anything in the order this is done in the logs?

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    It's not the tuning timeout. I set it to 25000 (25 secs) and I still get the error when switching channels.
    Like I said.. To me it's like the tv-server tries to tune to a new channel when timeshifting is not yet stopped for the old channel and has no free tuner cards because of that. When it generates the error message, timeshifting of the old channel is finally stopped and thus the next time I tune in to the channel it does work..

It's just annoying to have to wait for the error message and then again select the channel before it plays. You can't see anything in the order this is done in the logs?
    I don't see any problem in your logs. You can set OpenConnectionTimeout to default value (5000). But ... as I see you're using HTTP server (in local network?). Maybe HTTP server needs some time between closing one connection and opening new one. I see that between closing one connection and trying to open new open is around 300 milliseconds. As I see, you have one DVB-IP card working, second one is not used. I assume that HTTP server is not capable or doesn't allow mutliple streams in same time.

In my screenshot you can see parameter called OpenConnectionSleepTime. This parameter forces filter to do nothing for specified time (in milliseconds) and then tries to open connection. Try to experiment with that parameter - e.g. start with 10000 milliseconds and if it will work, try to decrease it.

Nervesagent

Portal Pro
    February 26, 2014
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    He Georgius! You fixed my "unknown error occurred" when zapping problem! It was the OpenConnectionSleepTime setting! Changed it to 2000 and no more error occurs! You the man!

Now I can get on to getting my Fritz channels to work in MePo somehow...and internet streams.
    Do you have any experience in using VLC as a on-the-fly-recoder like one would do with VodServer?
    I've gotten VodServer using FFMPEG to do some conversion succesfully, but FFMPEG has a problem with recoding the rtsp streams from the fritz. I know the Fritz doesn't necessarily require recoding of the streams, but I'd also like to use this feature for like Torrentstreams etc, so I just need to figure out what the trick is.
    Glad to be back in the country so I now may have some time messing with my favorite softwares.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Now I can get on to getting my Fritz channels to work in MePo somehow...and internet streams.
    Do you have any experience in using VLC as a on-the-fly-recoder like one would do with VodServer?
    I've gotten VodServer using FFMPEG to do some conversion succesfully, but FFMPEG has a problem with recoding the rtsp streams from the fritz. I know the Fritz doesn't necessarily require recoding of the streams, but I'd also like to use this feature for like Torrentstreams etc, so I just need to figure out what the trick is.
    Glad to be back in the country so I now may have some time messing with my favorite softwares.
    Internet streams work only in OnlineVideos. There is no on-the-fly encoding to MPEG2 TS format required by TvService. This enhancement is postponed, because there are another things to do in current version (like separate audio and video streams on YouTube, enhancements in MPEG2 TS parser).

Nervesagent

Portal Pro
    February 26, 2014
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Yay!! I got my internetstreams working in MePo by modding vodserver. What I do is,I tune to a vodserver channel in mepo, that will start vlc or other external player playing whatever stream or file you want to see 'in mepo' then I feed mepo a picture endlessly looped and a silent mp3 with ffmpeg in mpeg2 so it won't give me errors. Now you can use your non mpeg2 channels in TV server without having to transcode them and use EPG for them. Only thing is that my example does not record in mepo yet..but in vlc if you want. I'll start a different thread explaining my hack in detail and for further developing it if anybody is interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom