Analog radio working in configuration but not in the client (1 Viewer)


Portal Member
February 2, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
i have searched the forum for such a problem, but wasn´t able to find anyone who has a similar problem.

As you can see in the footer of this message, i am using a hybrid-card from hauppauge (HVR-1300). It was absolutely no problem to setup the whole software (server and client). Even the remote is working to control the client without no problem. Also TV channel scan, timeshifting and recording works fantastic.
I found some posts that describes problems with scanning for radio stations. Yes this is also not working in my case. I was just setting up the radio-stations manually. And this is not the problem if you know the frequencies of your favorite radio channels.

But lets start from the beginning :)

Description of setup:
As you might know the HVR-1300 is a hybrid-card and (i think as every tv-card with integrated radio-tuner) has 2 connectors. One for TV (analog,cable / DVB-T) and one for radio. In my setup i have connected a DVB-T antenna to the TV-connector and normal cable to the radio-connector. As described above TV works fantastic without any problems.

Description of the problem:
Due to the fact that channel scanning for radio-stations is not working i just added the radio-stations manually to the TV-Server configuration. I mapped these channel to one of the listed tuner (tested both). As you also might know, in the setup screen a "preview" button is placed at the bottom of the channel lists. When selecting a radio-station and clicking on "preview" a black window appears and i can hear the radio-station through my speakers.
So in my opinion: configuration done as need to be.

And this is the strange one:
I start the client and move to "My Radio". When selecting a configured radio-station nothing happens. Each of the radio-stations that are working in the preview are not working in the client.

If this is a known issue then :sorry:

But i would really appreciate any help on this issue.


PS: please dont :mad: me. I am currently not at my HTPC, so i am not able to support you with a logfile. I will add them when back at home.

TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version:
MediaPortal Skin: Bleazle V6
Windows Version: WinXP SP3
CPU Type: Intel P4 HT 2,8GHz
HDD: Maxtor 60GB
Memory: 1 GB
Motherboard: ASUS P4R8L
Video Card: ATI Radeon 9000 IGP
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: SoundMAX (OnBoard)
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR1300
1. TV Card Type: Hybrid DVB-T/analog
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Asus Pundit R
Power Supply:
Remote: Hauppauge 45-Buttons
TV: Samsung LE-46M86BD
TV - HTPC Connection: Sub-D

As promised here is the problem that is shown in the logfile when trying to start the radio in the client:
2009-02-07 10:57:43.053550 [Info.][MPMain]: OnClick
2009-02-07 10:57:43.084800 [Info.][MPMain]: g_Player.PlayAudioStream(
2009-02-07 10:57:43.084800 [Info.][MPMain]: BASS: Initializing BASS audio engine...
2009-02-07 10:57:43.084800 [Info.][MPMain]: BASS: Using default Sound Device
2009-02-07 10:57:43.912925 [Info.][MPMain]: BASS: Initialization done.
2009-02-07 10:57:43.944175 [Info.][MPMain]: BASS: Unable to create Stream for Reason: BASS_ERROR_FILEOPEN.
2009-02-07 10:57:43.975425 [Info.][MPMain]: BASS: Unable to play Reason: BASS_OK.
2009-02-07 10:57:43.975425 [Info.][MPMain]: player:ended

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom