Video Codec Type & Version: CyberLink Video/SP Decoder
    Audio Codec Type & Version: CyberLink Audio Decoder
    TV Card: KNC1 DVB-S TVStation
    TV Card Type: DVB
    TV Card Driver: BDA driver from KNC site
    TV Card: KNC1 DVB-T TVStation
    TV Card Type: DVB
    TV Card Driver: BDA driver from KNC site

Synopsis: When I click autotune in my analog TV card (country: Spain input:Antenna), it starts the search but when it arrives to channel 12, the search finishes. In Spain, channel 13 to 20 are not used so when you try to tune any of this channels, nothing happens and when asking for the channel frequency, it returns the last known frequency. This makes line 105 in AnalogTVTuning.cs to return true and the autotune stops.
    In file AnalogTVTuning.cs you can find this in line 105:
    if ((int)freq == (int)lastFrequency && freq >100f)

I think that this line should be:
    if ((int)freq == (int)lastFrequency && percent >100f)

With this change, autotune is working for me although I think that it should be improved by retrieving the min and max channel for the tuning space instead of starting from channel 1 and finishing in channel 400.

It would be great if any of the developers could test this change or improve it and added to the CVS.

Best regards,

Mosquiss

mosquiss

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 9, 2005
    Hi,
    I have been testing this fix during these days and it is working fine for me. Has any of the devs read this post? It is just a matter of changing one word in a file and I think that it would help many people. I have seen reports about this problem in many posts here in the forum.
    Please, any comment on this would be appreciated.

mosquiss

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 9, 2005
    Patch fixes bug 0000617: Analog TV tuning

I have written a patch to solve my problem. I have seen several reports for this problem in the forum and I found a bug report already in Mantins. This patch fixes bug 0000617: Analog TV tuning does not go past 223.25MHz.
    Now autotune feature will check for the minimum and maximum channel number in the Tuning space and only will search in that range.
    Also fixes a bug that show an ActiveMovie window outside the setup AnalogTVTuning form when autotuning channels.
    I have made some code cleaning and also added a new Analog Radio autotune form.
    The new form is similar to the TV form and allows you to add, skip or map radio stations.
    This changes can also be used from Wizard. Now in WizardAnalogTV, you can select input type and country for manual tuning.

This patch has been built with files from Anonymous CVS at 23:00 16/01/2006

I hope one dev will see this and add it to cvs. I have uploaded this patch to Sourceforge tracker system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom