Analog TV + Cyberlink problem (1 Viewer)

THDBASED

Portal Pro
January 30, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
TV-Server Version: 17500
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.3.0 + SVN 17500
MediaPortal Skin: Monochrome
Windows Version: Windows XP home SP2
CPU Type: AMD X2 4400+
HDD: 250 gig
Memory: 1 gig
Motherboard: Asus M2A-VM HDMI
Motherboard Chipset:
Motherboard Bios:
Video Card: ATI X1250
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 7.2
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Haupauge HVR-1300
1. TV Card Type: Analog
1. TV Card Driver: 4.0
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink PowerDVD Ultra
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Cyberlink
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Telenet
HTPC Case: Antec
Cooling:
Power Supply: Antec
Remote: Hauppauge 45
TV: Samsung
TV - HTPC Connection: VGA

I installed the latest SVN 17500 (Mediaportal + TV server). Now I am having some problems with analog TV while using the Cyberlink codec. The included log files are generated while starting analog TV. The problem is I only get sound but no video (black screen). If I use ffdshow I get audio + video but with stuttering image every 2 sec.

Let me know if you need more info.

THDBASED

Portal Pro
January 30, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Nobody with analog TV who can test this for me? I can't be the only one using this build with Cyberlink codec, or am I?

MacMini

Portal Pro
May 16, 2006
With a Hauppauge 950, Cyberlink's codec works OK, but is less smooth than the MPV codec. Make sure you are not selecting the HD codec, since this could be the prblem.

My main issue is that I get progressively worse audio delay after changing channels, and it happens with every codec I've tried. TV is the weak link of MP - other front-ends (MCE, Sage TV) work flawlessly.

But, MP is by far the best, IMO, for everything else, so I keep struggling to get it to work.

THDBASED

Portal Pro
January 30, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Very strange, I also tried a build a couple of days older than the one I used for this report and I still get the same result. I only hear audio but I get a black screen.

If I try a build for about 2 months ago everything works great. I will try the latest one and report back within a couple of hours.

Thx for the help, it is a start!

fasuxe

Portal Pro
January 22, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Go into the MediaPortal settings. Under DirectShow Filter Control --> Video Mixing Renderer 9 Settings, deselect the "Use VMR9 Exclusive Mode" option. That fixed the black screen problem for me.

THDBASED

Portal Pro
January 30, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Thx for the reply. I will try this in the morning. If it fixes the problem there is still something wrong, better to fix then to avoid I would say.

THDBASED

Portal Pro
January 30, 2006
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Turning off the "Use VMR9 Exclusive Mode" option does not work, I still get a black screen (only audio). If I select MPV codec it works (only some stuttering every 4 sec.)

fasuxe

Portal Pro
January 22, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Maybe you should use Graphedit --> connect to remote graph, while mediaportal is running to see what codecs your system is trying to use to display live TV. That could give you some information as to what is causing the problem.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Make sure to use Default Direct Sound as AudioRenderer (NOT CyberLink PowerDVD 7.x or similar)

Also: Try using 7.0 as video and audio codec (again NOT 7.x)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom