Analog tv on Pinnacle 310i (1 Viewer)

pierremenard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2006
    Verona (Italy)
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    While I had some problem with tuning my analog tv, I installed windvr3. Now I can see analog tv, but 1-2 frame every second.

I think this comes from a analog tv signal -> mpeg2 codification (through windvr3) -> mediaportal. And I think it could be useful if I have to record analog tv (or pause it).

I know I have a Celeron 2.0 ghz processor, while mediaportal team suggest a 2.8 mhz processor. But could it be possible to skip the mpeg2 coding having analog tv even on older processor (leaving the coding only for recording)? I can see analog tv with winamp, so I think it's not an hard job.

For everything else, MediaPortal rules!

Thank you

F.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi pierremenard

It may not only be the processor thats the problem.
    If you post your full pc specifications, maybe someone can give you hints to get the best out of what you have got

8)

pierremenard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2006
    Verona (Italy)
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    My Pc is:

MB

CPU
    • Celeron 2.0 ghz
    • FSB @ 800/533MHz

Chipset
    • Intel® 865GV / ICH5 chipset (also main video cardo

Main Memory
    • 2 DIMM x 256 MB for DDR 266 memory,

Audio
    •On-board AC'97 6 channels S/W audio codec (Realtek ALC650) (through spdif into my amplifier)

LAN
    • Broadcom4401
    • Wireless

Video card
    • Intel 865 main output to wall projector
    • Virge Dx (veeeery old video card) for output to lcd screen (not used with mediaportal)

TV Tuner

Pinnacle 310i

Thanxxx!

F.

ehasting

April 18, 2006
    Drammen, Norway
    I am experience the same. I can watch video in InterVideo DVR without no problem, in MP its 1-2 frames, and the cpuload is on max.

I am having a 1.5Ghz Athlon, with a Geforce FX card, 512mb ram.
    running Windows XP Media Center

rgs
    Egil

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    I think it might be the processor speed then as it does says a P4 2.8Ghz.

pierremenard Also the onboard video card isnt up to spec so it probably doesnt help.

But anyway, no you cant skip the encoding process as MP has just implemented it for the convenience of having an all-in-one system working between hardware and software cards. Before it was as you wanted it and was an absolute disaster, too many complaints about not working at all, and bad recordings etc. Now software cards can timeshift and view while recording just as other software does but it does have a price.

If your under the spec youll either need to upgrade or purchase a hardware card unfortunately.

Sergi Pinyol

Portal Member
    November 24, 2006
    Try using the driver 3xHybrid.sys version 1.3.3.1 downloaded from Terratec site
    (PTV 380 WHQL Driver). Simply replace the file and reboot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom