Analogue hauppage PVR150MCE tuning (1 Viewer)

Arn01805

Portal Pro
July 31, 2006
Breda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Can't get analogue hauppage PVR150MCE finetuning to work.

In the old Mediaportal with download settings I get perfect tuned channels for my regio (Prinsenbeek, Netherlands)

With scanning the cards in tv-engine 3 I get a lot of empy channels and not every channel shows up. I tried latest build of 1-11-2006 already too, and tried all the sesitivity levels.

What i'm trying to do now, is to manualy enter every frequency (in MHz, not the channel number) in the tv-server config program. This is not the solution, I've to set channel number too.

When I enter channel number and the frequency together, Sometimes i've to select Antenna to get clear picture, for some other channels i've to select Cable to get a clear picture. What's the difference in this settings?

Now when using mixed Antenne and Cable setting for the analogue cards, I get most channels clear picture, except for the channels with offset, like 62- or 54+ and with the S7, S5 channels, I don't know what to fill in the channel box, plain 7 and 5 doesn't work.

When setting the correct frequency, found in the downloaded old mediaportal engine, what i've to fill in for the channel no. I mean, if the channel is 62-, to I have to fill in 62 or 61 together with the correct frequency. I tried both, but doesn't work.

Why, if I specify the correct frequency (like 564,250), i've to fill in a channel no also. If i specify the correct frequency, shouldn't the channel be 0 or -1. And why, the setting Antenna and Cable make out any difference, if I specify the real frequency.

I hope this makes sense and someone can help me out to explain some things about this.

btw, I did a reboot after changing frequencies and channels, so the tuner should use the newly added, changed frequencies right?

Kind regards,

Arno

dfbb

Portal Pro
January 27, 2005
Gelderland
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I think the reason you still have to enter the channel number is for the xmltv TV guide. I also have the PVR150MCE and live in the Netherlands. I also had to enter all the frequencies manually :(

Arn01805

Portal Pro
July 31, 2006
Breda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I think the reason you still have to enter the channel number is for the xmltv TV guide. I also have the PVR150MCE and live in the Netherlands. I also had to enter all the frequencies manually :(

Well, it would not be such a big problem if the channel numbers would be ignored by the engine if a frequency is specified. But in my case, it realy matters what channel I specify when I've entered manual frequencies.

And still don't know if i've to select Cable or Antenna, coz some channels only work with antenna and others only with cable.

I'm still not getting the picture(not in my mind and not on my TV LOL)

Arn01805

Portal Pro
July 31, 2006
Breda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Still trying to do the fine-tuning for days and days now, everytime updating to the latest TV-Server SVN. I have a problem using some channels.

1. I've a channel on channel #10 and a channel on #S10. I enter the correct MHz. frequencies in the appropiate box and with channel# I enter for both '10', 'S10' is not accepted. Now both presets show the same channel on my television, even if the frequencies are different.

2. Also the frequencies with positive offset, like 64+ are shown with bad quality, even if I enter the correct MHz. frequency. Why can't i leave the channel# empty when entering the manual frequency. It seems that when entering both, always the channel no is used and not the manual frequency.

3. The channels with negative offset, like 39- are not shown at all when entering channel no 39. Also entering the manual frequency doesn't help to clear the picture.

I made an export.xml and attached it to this message. Can please someone tell me what I do wrong. This thing is driving me crazy.

Kind regards,

Arno

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom