[Announce] MPTvClient V1.2.5 (20.12.2007) II (1 Viewer)

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    UPDATE 20.12.2007 II V1.2.5
    And here comes the next one: MPTvClient V1.2.5
    Changes:
    - fixed the bug which happened if you timeshift a channel close VLC and double click that channel again
    - the position and size of the App is stored while shutting down and restored while starting
    - you can now override the streaming url gotten from TVServer under external player config (see screenshot)
    This only works for timeshifting and is quite usefull if you have a VLC server on the server side which converts the stream.
    The only thing that is missing is a really tiny TvServer Plugin which registers for the "Timeshift start" and "Timeshift stop" global messages and starts a vlc server which connects to the stream from TvServer.
    Shouldn't be really hard. :D

UPDATE 20.12.2007
    Just finished work on MPTvClient V1.2
    Changes:
    - fixed the external player parameters/arguments. Now they work
    - fixed an error while displaying the user for a specific card. Thanks jblomb
    - added an EPG Form. Click on a channel on the left side to show all epg entries for that channel (see attached screenshot)

UPDATE 07.11.2007
    Just finished work on MPTvClient V1.1.5
    Changes:
    - If MPTvClient can't connect to the server (or the connection is dropped) a messagebox with the exception text is shown for better debugging
    - Updated to latest TvServer dll's. Also now using the new Channel.DisplayName property instead of Channel.Name
    - Support for RadioWebStream channels (they are streamed directly by VLC)
    The download should be shortly available via the repository.
    In the meantime - use the attached files

Just finished work on MPTvClient V1.1.
    This is the link to the last version https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/announce_mptvclient-t18900.html
    Improvements:
    - Tab control. TvChannels, RadioChannels, Recordings and Schedules are now accessible via their own tab.
    - Context menu for each tab.
    - Hit F5 to refresh the current view

TvChannels/RadioChannels:
    - Right-Click or Double Click to start timeshift

Recordings:
    - Right-Click context menu to Replay and delete a recording
    - Double click to replay a recording

Schedules:
    - Right-Click to delete a schedule

You can download it shorty from the Repository. It's under System utilities:)

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
      Clipboard01.jpg
      112.5 KB
    • Clipboard02.jpg
      Clipboard02.jpg
      13.4 KB
    • MPTvClient V1.2 .5.rar
      30.6 KB

arikzinger

Portal Member
    March 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Connection to TV server is broken

First of all, I have to mention that I have been successfully using MPTvClient1.0 for quite a wile now.
    While trying to connect using V1.1 i get "Connection to TV server is broken" error.
    Since I'm using - tvengine3-03-29-2007--20-39h--Rev13694 , do i have to update to the last svn?

Arik.

gemx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You should upgrade because in the meantime there were changes to some tables which tvdatabase.dll and MPTvClient V1.1 use.
    Another option is to replace the dlls with the ones from V1.0 but upgrading the tvserver is the best solution

arikzinger

Portal Member
    March 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    You should upgrade because in the meantime there were changes to some tables which tvdatabase.dll and MPTvClient V1.1 use.
    Another option is to replace the dlls with the ones from V1.0 but upgrading the tvserver is the best solution
    Thanks for your advice. It really helped. So eventually it works for me.
    The recordings & schedule's are nice to have fetchers. I have noticed that they are not listed, till you use the view refresh from the pull down menu.

One problem I noticed is that the user "that is computer" is not properly recognized.
    I have started a stream from one computer, and then started another stream from my second computer. While MPTVClient on my first computer stated that both streams were started from my first computer, the MPTVClient on my second computer stated that the "user" of the two streams, was my second computer.

I use MPTVClient on my local network and knowing who is connected to my server might be useful.

Arik.

skov

March 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    :D Thank you very much for this nice tool :)

Been having some troble running mediaportal om my notebook (it´s a bit slow with a bad graphics card) But your app and vlc works wonders! :)

Thank you gemx and mediaportal developers :D :D

Best regards
    skov

smnnekho

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    Germany
    does anyone know another client then VLC? because i would a) like to work with Dshow and b) VLC isnt capable of handling my HDTV streams )-;.

ophth1

Portal Member
    January 14, 2007
    problem with

hi,
    I am using mp and mp server with the lastest SVNs from 14.4.07.
    However, I am getting always the Connection to TV server is broken error.
    No firewall on the tv server computer.
    Does the client computer has to have an installed version of mssql to connect to the database? or any other requirements on the client computer to fullfill?
    I can access every single file on the client computer via network, but no connection via the mptvclient....
    tcp-ip is enabled on the mssql on the server computer.
    any other ideas??? thanks!!!

Nightflyer

Portal Member
    November 19, 2006
    Espoo
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Same problem here, only get "Connection to TVServer broken" message.

I'm having MySQL dbserver. I found from earlier thread some hints how to config, but still can't get it running.
    I edited gentle.config:
    uncommented <Provider name=MySQL... and commented SQLServer line.
    I also edited first <DefaultProvider name="MySQL", and correct password and User ID.

I have succesfully used VLC on client to watch TVServer streams, so that part is OK.

Firewall shouldn't cause trouble, as it is configured to allow all traffic between these machines.

This certainly sounds like one piece I've been missing with MP - without knowing it was this close! Thank you gemx already!
    I hope you have time to guide us how to get this up and running.

strawberry

Portal Member
    January 5, 2006
    Hi Nightflyer,

I had the same problem with MySQL, you don't need the follwing settings to be correct "Server=10.0.0.2;Database=test;User ID=xxx;Password=xxx" in the gentle.config of the client side, what you do need in there is the correct provider-name.

Also I found that for me a file was missing, find MySQL.Data.dll in the server directory and copy it to the client's directory solved my "broken" message.

gentle.config I use: (you can copy it from the server-side and replace username and/or password with anything, you don't want that on your client side for security reasons :) )

The relevant parts of my gentle.config file are

<!--
    <NamespaceProviders>
    <Namespace namespace="Gentle.First" provider="SQLServer" connectionstring="..." />
    <Namespace namespace="Gentle.Second" provider="SQLServer" connectionString="..." />
    </NamespaceProviders>
    -->

<DefaultProvider name="MySQL" connectionString="Server=10.0.0.2;Database=test;User ID=xxx;Password=xxx" />

<!--
    <Providers>
    <!-- list known provider assemblies; the assembly .dll suffix is optional -->
    <!-- Provider name="CE" assembly="Gentle.Provider.CE" /-->
    <!-- Provider name="Firebird" assembly="Gentle.Provider.Firebird" /-->
    <!-- Provider name="Jet" assembly="Gentle.Provider.Jet" /-->
    <Provider name="MySQL" assembly="Gentle.Provider.MySQL.dll" />
    <!-- Provider name="Oracle" assembly="Gentle.Provider.Oracle" /-->
    <!-- Provider name="OracleODP" assembly="Gentle.Provider.OracleODP" /-->
    <!-- Provider name="PostgreSQL" assembly="Gentle.Provider.PostgreSQL" /-->
    <!-- Provider name="SQLite" assembly="Gentle.Provider.SQLite" / -->
    <Provider name="SQLServer" assembly="Gentle.Provider.SQLServer" />
    <!-- Provider name="Sybase" assembly="Gentle.Provider.Sybase" / -->
    <!-- Provider name="SybaseASA" assembly="Gentle.Provider.SybaseASA" / -->
    </Providers>

Same problem here, only get "Connection to TVServer broken" message.

I'm having MySQL dbserver. I found from earlier thread some hints how to config, but still can't get it running.
    I edited gentle.config:
    uncommented <Provider name=MySQL... and commented SQLServer line.
    I also edited first <DefaultProvider name="MySQL", and correct password and User ID.

I have succesfully used VLC on client to watch TVServer streams, so that part is OK.

Firewall shouldn't cause trouble, as it is configured to allow all traffic between these machines.

This certainly sounds like one piece I've been missing with MP - without knowing it was this close! Thank you gemx already!
    I hope you have time to guide us how to get this up and running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom