Another happy user of Media Portal (1 Viewer)

boston82

March 23, 2010
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello Everyone.

Just wanted to say hello. My name is Larry and I have been using MP for a week now. Spent the weekend moving equipment and furniture round to make room for my HTPC and running cables under carpets. Ironed out a couple of problems with the software scuh as decoding issues but now it works great. Since I am an ex DJ, I already have 99% of my music already on a hard drive so I am now in the process of copying some DVD's. I love the idea of my girlfriend just being able to use the front end of MP and not have to go into anything else on the computer as she is not great with technology. I have been able to now intergrate all my media that was stored on 3 machines to the HTPC and have it accessible and there when I want it.
I used MCE on vista a couple of years ago but wasnt impressed with Vistas performance so now I am happy that this free alternative is here.

Cheers for now.
Larry

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi there and welcome :)

Thanks for the introduction and positive feedback.
    Enjoy!

splinty

Portal Member
    October 13, 2009
    Kurgan
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Maya is perfect! The only thing i don't like in Maya (in default Blue also) is heavy timeline in video playing :( Just compare with time line in Black Glass :( Why, why?!

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Eh ... Razor is outdated - isn't it? :-S

Btw,
    58810d1269221033-essence-1080p-updated-2010-03-21-development-release-available-screenshots-myhome-musicoverlay-22-3.jpg
    ^nice Now playing overlay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom