ANother Irtrans VFD problem (1 Viewer)

spiff

September 7, 2007
If the IRtrans h/w and s/w are the same as used in the Origen X11 (http://www.origenae.com/en/htpc_x11.htm) case then support is native to MP, with addition of DLPortIO (http://www.driverlinx.com/DownLoad/DlPortIO.htm)

To configure enable the 'External Display', found under process plugins, then configure with

type: IRTrans LCD/VFD Driver c1.0
Port: localhost

The other settings are to your preferance.

Install the DLPortIO software, no configuration needed, this works on Vista as I have just set this up.

Start MP and the display should work.

Hope that helps

Trevor

I have a Zalman HD160 running VistaX64 and having problems to get the VFD work in Mediaportal.
I have tried the above but the DLPortIO doesnt work in X64 environment, is there any replacement for it?

Regards
Magnus

JoeDalton

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 27, 2004
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    The DLPortIO driver is no longer needed. MP is shipped with a new driver (inpout32.dll) that is 64-bit compatible and is compatible with the DLPortIO driver.

But I fear the IRTrans driver could be the problem as that it is a 32-bit driver. I once tried to install XP x64 on my machine, but I had to replace it with the x86 version because of these kind of problems. I don't think there is a single x64 driver available for a TV card for example...

FYI: The x64 version of Vista is meant for business PCs and offers no advantages whatsoever over the x86 version, unless you really need support for more than 4GB of memory...

Sorry for the bad news...

Joe

Flerbizky

Portal Pro
    July 18, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    The DLPortIO driver is no longer needed. MP is shipped with a new driver (inpout32.dll) that is 64-bit compatible and is compatible with the DLPortIO driver.

But I fear the IRTrans driver could be the problem as that it is a 32-bit driver. I once tried to install XP x64 on my machine, but I had to replace it with the x86 version because of these kind of problems. I don't think there is a single x64 driver available for a TV card for example...

FYI: The x64 version of Vista is meant for business PCs and offers no advantages whatsoever over the x86 version, unless you really need support for more than 4GB of memory...

Sorry for the bad news...

Joe

Weird - I have a fairly new installation, and I could not get the display working - until I installed the DLportIO thingy...

Running 0.2.3.0

justinteract

November 8, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    same here. Without the DLPortIO the display stayed blank.

I am using
    - vista 32 bit
    - the new origenae S16V with the IRserver version 5.9.08 und firmware D5.08.10

After installation of the DLPortIO everything worked!

I still dont understand why MP needs this driver, since its only communicating with the IRServer via TCP on port 21000. What difference does this driver make ?

Also, does anybody know what exactly the IRClient application sends to the IRserver when using the option 1-send / 3-send LCD
    I often get garbage on the VFD display... is this not sending pure ASCII text ?

Olaf

cybrmage

Portal Pro
    May 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I still dont understand why MP needs this driver

The DLPortIO driver is required because the IRTrans driver is not a native ExternalDisplay driver. It is an LCDHype driver.

The LCDHype wrapper requires the DLPortIO file because the LCDHype drivers require this file to access comm ports. This requirement is enforced in the LCDHype wrapper since most LCDHype drivers require use of comm ports.

Regards,
    CybrMage

justinteract

November 8, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I see, thanks cybrmage.
    I could image it shouldnt be a deal to write a native irtrans driver that communicates directly with the irserver ... if I find time i will have a look at this.
    Olaf

aba101280

Portal Pro
    April 23, 2006
    Hi

I installed the latest Irtrans Software and also MP 0.2.3. Then I activated the external display plugin and selected the IRTrans driver. I didn't work (Just the actual time on display). I thzen installed the Port95.exe, rebooted but no change it does not communicate with the display. Do I have to activate someting else

Regrads,

Alex

Attachments

• vfd.jpg
      vfd.jpg
      36.9 KB

justinteract

November 8, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi aba101280,
    no thats it. I assume you have the IRserver running. It works in my installation. I have the SVN 17036 though...

BTW: Joe Daltons comment regarding the inpout32.dll, that is shipped with MP, would I need to register anything there to make it work? Still wondering why Joe said that we do not need the DLPortIo anymore because the inpout32 should be compatible, which did not work setup.

Olaf

vinzzz

February 17, 2008
    hi guys,

sorry for kicking this thread. I have this problem getting my MP to work with my remote (i also have the zalman HD160 case). But i think the first problem is getting me irtrans server to work.
    Could someone with a little bit knowledge about this, email me or help me? (vinzzz@vinzzz.nl).

I'm looking all over the internet for some explanations, but it still wont work...please help, thanks in advance!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom