Another post about Remote control (1 Viewer)

nikos1671

Portal Pro
April 21, 2008
Germany
Home Country
Greece Greece
Hi to all,

I am looking for the Microsoft mce remote control with the teletext buttons on it but i didnt found any one in the internet, can someone advise me for an online store where i can order one?
Also i have found one from Philips see photo below does this work with mediaportal?

I will apriciate your help
Thanks in advanced.
Nikos

Attachments

• 4ba6_2.jpg
    4ba6_2.jpg
    6.2 KB

UglyBovine

Portal Member
January 5, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
If that's the Philips 5100, then as long as you're running Vista, not XP, it's supposed to work 'Out of the Box'. Mine arrived last night, and I've not hooked it up yet, (hope to get to it tonight or tomorrow) so I'll let you know.

UglyBovine

Portal Member
January 5, 2009
Home Country
Good news is: It Just Works (tm) in Vista home premium. Plugged in the receiver, which was picked up straight away, and it works.
To get the Green Button working you'll have to install the MPTray mod, and stop Microsoft's media center responding to it.
There seems to be a few ways of doing that, depending on your version of windows.
In Vista, the 2nd post and final post of THIS thread cover Vista, and in XP, you can just use msconfig and remove ehtray.exe from the boot sequence, although if you're using XP, you'll have to follow the instructions in PD's link to make it work.

As for where I bought it, I got it straight from the Philips UK online store. It was about £20 cheaper there than the resellers I found on Amazon. Don't know if they have a Greek equivalent.

FoxForceFive

Portal Pro
February 16, 2009
Home Country
It doesnt look as nice, but the 2nd gen MCE remotes (made by Phillips, for Dell PC's) are on eBay uk for £17 + P&P. (I paid £20 in total). There's still quite a few on there from the same seller, I'm presuming he has access to Dell's old stock.

Just got mine & works a dream, straight out of the box. I'm using XP pro & the green button does nothing when MediaPortal isnt running & when it is returns to home, which is very handy. I simply mapped an applauncher to a spare button (I used record as I dont need the tv functionality) to launch MediaPortal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom