Antec Fusion 430 & MCE Remote: are all problems now resolved? (1 Viewer)

metagrobolis

Portal Member
March 7, 2008
Folks,

I'm planning my first HTPC build around MediaPortal (of course!) and am eyeing the Antec Veris Fusion 430 (Black) for the case. I intend to use my Harmony 880 in MCE emulation as the remote.

However, I'm reading horror stories on these forums about getting the integrated display and IR receiver working with MP and an MCE remote. On the other hand, I've also read reports that all is well if one downloads the latest iMON drivers posted at the Antec site since late last year. I'm afraid I'm utterly confused now. :(

Do the latest drivers downloadable at the Antec site resolve all previous problems with getting the display and an MCE remote working with full functionality? Is there an up to date, definitive guide to getting MP and this (apparently popular) case working flawlessly?

Much thanks in advance!

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Please don't double post - I have deleted your other post on this same topic.

metagrobolis

Portal Member
    March 7, 2008
    My apologies. I had just discovered the "Remotes" forum and thought it would be a more pertinent place to post my question. Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out a way to delete this one here and ended up double posting.

Please pardon my breach of protocol.

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    I would like to know the same!!!!

Especially with Vista (32bit Home Premium), with Vista IR Remote Controller.

Please answer if someone has experiences.

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Thanx, I don´t have the stuff, only planing to buy Vista Remote and Antec Fusion Black. I give a sign if I need the files.

metagrobolis

Portal Member
    March 7, 2008
    Thanks for your response sWORDs. I've sent you a PM with my contact email.

Also,

- I'm using XP Pro ... that wouldn't be a problem, would it?
    - Do you recommend the beta drivers you linked to rather than those posted at Antec's website?
    - I'll be using a Harmony 880 in MCE emulation mode. What remote settings would I need in MediaPortal? Just choose the MCE remote? Or will there be a need for key mapping even with CybrDisplay?

Much thanks!

sWORDs

Portal Member
    December 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Actually you don't have to choose a remote. The imon software uses send keys.

embrion

Portal Member
    January 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Hello,

I've got kinda same question but about silver V2 version with VFD.
    Does the VFD still got crashing problems like I read all over the Internet?
    I want to have working VFD + cover/turn off MCE IR and use external, universal USB IR in order to use my TV's remote.
    Also does the vol knob still doesn't work ?

shawngreen

Portal Member
    April 23, 2009
    I dont have an MCE under my harmony menu, is it under Media Center PC as a device? I see antec and it finds antec fusion black........pls help

I found it. BUt all of this still isnt working right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom