Antec Fusion V2 Case Users (1 Viewer)

jverdeyen

Portal Member
January 5, 2008
Hi,

I'm planning to build a HTPC with the Antec Fusion V2 case, because it seems seamless integrating with my receiver etc..
(more info: http://www.informatique.nl/cgi-bin/iqshop.cgi?M=I&A=350473)

I was wondering what kind of hardware you guys are putting in there ?
Can all users of this case post their setup, or other users .... find the answer to my questions ?

- Do I need to use low profile PCI(e) cards?
- Is he noisy ? Is the sound compareble with a notebook ?
- What kind of fanless coolers can I use, especcialy for the cpu. (probably socket 755).

Thanks,

I made a small hardware selection, comments are welcome ... Because I'm also looking for a Analog Dual Tuner tv-card which needs to fit in here ...

1 Antec Fusion V2
1 Arctic Silver 5 (3.5gr)
1 Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2H
1 Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 (S775, 2x2.0GHz, 2MB, 800MHz FSB, Boxed)
1 Kingston KVR800D2N5K2/2G
1 Samsung SH-S183A 18x (Dual-layer, SATA, Zwart)
1 Samsung SpinPoint T166, 500GB (7200rpm, SATA II, 16MB, NCQ)

Cheers,
Hope for millions of replies ;)

shadow2000

Portal Member
November 1, 2006
Germany Germany
Here is my hardware:
MB ASUS M2A-VM HDMI
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ 65nm Sockel-AM2 boxed, 2x 1.90GHz, 2x 512kB Cache (ADO3600DDBOX) Brisbane
Thermaltake _________ Blue Orb II
2x Transcend DIMM 1 GB DDR2-800
Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1300

It´s a great case, easy to install all components and very quiet. I connected only one of these case-fans.
It runs in my living rooms for a few months. No Problems at all.

jverdeyen

Portal Member
January 5, 2008
Here is my hardware:
MB ASUS M2A-VM HDMI
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+ 65nm Sockel-AM2 boxed, 2x 1.90GHz, 2x 512kB Cache (ADO3600DDBOX) Brisbane
Thermaltake _________ Blue Orb II
2x Transcend DIMM 1 GB DDR2-800
Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1300

It´s a great case, easy to install all components and very quiet. I connected only one of these case-fans.
It runs in my living rooms for a few months. No Problems at all.
- Is there are reason why you go for AMD ?
- The Thermaltake seems like a nice quiet cooler, I think I might use it 2.
- So the Hauppauge HVR 1300 fits perfect in de Fusion case, no need for low profile cards ?

shadow2000

Portal Member
November 1, 2006
Germany Germany
you can take full size pci-cards in this case. Ok my case is the fusion without V2 but it seems to me that the only difference is an ir port.

I decided to use the asus board because of the integrated graphic card. It has full hdmi support (I did not try that yet).
Here is a nice thread (german): http://www.forumdeluxx.de/forum/showthread.php?t=337977

So after i made that decision i have to search vor AMD CPU. That one i choosen has low energy consumption.

jverdeyen

Portal Member
January 5, 2008
you can take full size pci-cards in this case. Ok my case is the fusion without V2 but it seems to me that the only difference is an ir port.

I decided to use the asus board because of the integrated graphic card. It has full hdmi support (I did not try that yet).
Here is a nice thread (german): http://www.forumdeluxx.de/forum/showthread.php?t=337977

So after i made that decision i have to search vor AMD CPU. That one i choosen has low energy consumption.
It seems like you need to use an pci slot for the HDMI ? I will use HDMI defenitly, but do they deliver this card within the box ? Or do I need to buy it seperatly ?

bigflause

Portal Pro
August 14, 2007
Ireland Ireland
here is my setup

TV-Server Version: 16542
MediaPortal Version: 16542
MediaPortal Skin: X-face
Windows Version: xp sp2
CPU Type: e6400
HDD: 120GB
Memory: 2GB
Motherboard: asus P5B-mx/ wifi ap
Motherboard Chipset: intel 946
Motherboard Bios: 7020
Video Card: Nvidia 8600 GTS
Video Card Driver: 169.09
Sound Card: soundblaster audigy 2
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: technotrend C-1500
1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
1. TV Card Driver: 5.0.0.6
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: nvidia
MPEG2 Audio Codec: cyberlink
Satelite/CableTV Provider: NTL IRELAND
HTPC Case: ANTEC FUSION
Cooling: standard
Power Supply: ANTEC
Remote: hauppage mce
TV: SONY BRAVIA 40W2000 1080p
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI - HDMI

really nice looking case but the VFD is rubbish.

- Do I need to use low profile PCI(e) cards.

no full pcie express is fine

- Is he noisy ? Is the sound compareble with a notebook ?

120 fans are extreemly quite. be carefull with the dvd drive, my first was very loud but I got a bluray player which is really quite.

- What kind of fanless coolers can I use, especcialy for the cpu. (probably socket 755).

no fanless cooler will fit. I had to get a low profile zalman cooler http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/view.asp?idx=203&code=009. It's very quite you don't hear it. I had to get a passive cooler for my 8600 gts because it was making a horrible whine noise. http://www.zalman.co.kr/eng/product/view.asp?idx=278&code=013

Dubyahjay

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Atlanta
    United States of America United States of America
    <---------there is my system. I use the NSK2400 case (similar without the knob or VFD) and put a silverstone LCD in the top bay. The case really is fantastic, I could probably wish for one more HD bay but that would be nit-picking.

I swapped the included fans with Scythe 120mm fans and the case is silent.

jverdeyen

Portal Member
    January 5, 2008
    Question:

When you insert a dvd/cd drive, does it keeps the look of the original cd drive ? Because that would make it look more like a computer instead of a 'drive' of a dvd player. Can you guys post some pictures of your case ? thx!!!

Spragleknas

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Norway Norway
    Country flag
    If I understand you correctly, your asking if the case has stealth bay?
    If so: Yes. The Fusion (unlike the NSK2400/2480) has stealth bay covering the optical drive.

jverdeyen

Portal Member
    January 5, 2008
    Yeah I mean ... doe you see the front of the drive, or is there something on the that flips open ... (sorry, bad english)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom