antec sonata (silent case) (1 Viewer)

patpotlood

Portal Member
September 27, 2004
no, i don't think so.

i'll try to explain in english, but it's not my native language, so...

the case has a special console where it fits in, and that's used to let air flow in and out the case (they call it thermodynamics)

you can see a picture of it on their website.

jdiffend

Portal Pro
January 9, 2005
I've been using the Antec Sonata for around a year and I love it. If you want quiet hard drives go with Seagate. Their new ones seem to be the quietest I've tried. My new Western Digital external is pretty quiet too.

I'm running a Sempron 2400+ and an ATi 9600se (no fan). The stock CPU fan is the loudest thing in the case but not bad. I bought the case when it had a mail in rebate and I had a gift card from Christmas. I only had to fork out $50 or so myself. I was looking at fanless heatsinks to make it quieter but for the price I think the Arctic Cooling is a better deal.

I just set up a new system with another model Antec case (SLK2600AMB) and it was really quiet too. It only had the power supply fan and no hard drive noise deadening mounts but for $40 it's pretty quiet (BestBuy send me some bonus bucks). I'd say it rivals the Sonata. The Intel fan that came with the Celeron D 2.4GHz CPU in it is the loudest thing in it as well.

murky123

Portal Member
February 20, 2005
Alphen aan den Rijn (Holland)
go for the arctic cooling copper silent2 TC

this ia a good socket A cooler up to xp3200
it's verry silent almost no sound

my system when it is idle : rpm = 1400, cpu = 50C, socket = 60C, case = 28C (celcius)
there is no sound at all standing 1,5 meters away from my pc.
I think the noise in Idle condition is more important cause when my htpc is idle it is doing nothing exept for beeing turned on
meaning that I'm doing something else in my livingroom (reading a book or taking a nap) then watching a dvd or listening to some music.
meaning that there is less noise in the room and the only thing that makes noise is the pc

all this in my antec sonata piano black mini tower

A

Anonymous

But take care if you have a flat case the artic cooling tc 2 might not fit. For my Silverstone LC11 it was about 2 mm to high.

A

Anonymous

My old cooler master (about 2-3 years and quite noisy). Have to find a new one. Maybe khyro's one could be a solution. But I think my socket is nearer to the case cooler, than his. Any suggestions?

I was able to close the case, but then the cooler hit the heat sink and it was very noisy. So i immediately stopped it and built in my old one. And since the tc 2 is held by 4 plastic arms on top, you can't 'dremel' something from the top.

All in all the Noise while watching TV is acceptable, but I have to adjust the idle-noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom