Any clean and professional skins? (1 Viewer)

mr.duck

Portal Member
December 31, 2008
Not meaning to be rude but IMO all the popular skins are ghastly and I strongly hate nearly all of them. That is just my personal opinion. I am using Fidelity at the moment which is probably the best of the popular bunch. But it's rather dark and miserable. Like being inside a piece of coal. It's going to be a matter of personal taste for sure, but aren't there any clean, clear, reasonably lightweight, decent looking skins that work out of the box without having to configure fan art and all that guff?

el_gato

Portal Pro
October 15, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Any clean and professional skins?

as you already said, it is a matter of personal taste but it sounds like you are looking for Maya :D

mr.duck

Portal Member
December 31, 2008
I already tried Maya and deleted it right away because it didn't look like the screenshots. The main menu had big bright background pictures and text that was near impossible to read. But I gave it another go and this time tried to configure it. It's not bad now. I think it's better than Fidelity.

But if you go to Videos for example, on my setup on the left there is a big rectangle with a X in the middle because there is no fan art or whatever it needs. Is there a way of just getting rid of that?

dlarge500

Extension Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2009
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Any clean and professional skins?

I already tried Maya and deleted it right away because it didn't look like the screenshots. The main menu had big bright background pictures and text that was near impossible to read. But I gave it another go and this time tried to configure it. It's not bad now. I think it's better than Fidelity.

But if you go to Videos for example, on my setup on the left there is a big rectangle with a X in the middle because there is no fan art or whatever it needs. Is there a way of just getting rid of that?

You can install the new Maya 1.0.604 and set Fanrt and Background Pictures in the Maya Plugin off if you like a clean Skin with no Fanart.:)

The blue Background with the X is the standart picture if no Fanart available, this can you delete in the Code from Maya but no with a Button.

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Not meaning to be rude but IMO all the popular skins are ghastly and I strongly hate nearly all of them. That is just my personal opinion. I am using Fidelity at the moment which is probably the best of the popular bunch. But it's rather dark and miserable. Like being inside a piece of coal. It's going to be a matter of personal taste for sure, but aren't there any clean, clear, reasonably lightweight, decent looking skins that work out of the box without having to configure fan art and all that guff?

I´m on the way to add there other colour themes to "Fidelity" skin.
    So the user can choose what colour the skin will have.
    So the users must not stick with the dark black there.
    Problem at the moment is we must have for that mask stuff for all views like it
    is now in the new coverflow view.
    I have ask the team for adding that to all views, so i hope we will get that funktion.
    With that the colour change is more easy todo because we can get rid then of all the fake gfx
    in forground of the thumbs in the views to make there round edges or else.

Greetings Harley

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom