Any video under my movies slow to start

Discussion in 'Newcomers Forum' started by tinyboy, September 6, 2010.

1. tinyboy

tinyboy Portal User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    hello I am rather new here but have been playing around with mediaportal for some time and must say it is awesome. Here is my problem I set up a new htpc and installed the latest mediaportal 1.1.0 and streamedmp 1.3.0.1800 and movingpictures and set up codecs etc etc and movies play but with a huge delay. If I just start up mediaportal and go to my movies or videos doesnt matter and select a movie it takes 3-4 minutes to play but eventually plays no problem. Then after the initial movie plays any other movie I select plays immediately. I dont think it has anything to do with codecs but I cannot understand the delay i would really appreciate some help. thanks in advance.

running windows 7 enterprise, ati radeon 4670, 4 gigs of ram output through hdmi.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. tinyboy

tinyboy Portal User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    well i have made a little headway on my own but still dont fully understand the problem. I think it is totally related to Mymovies plugin as when i disable the plugin i am able to go to my videos and all movies start playing right away with no delay and i can go from video to video and play no problem. i love mymovies plugin but will leave disabled till there is a fix. anyone have any suggestions? thanks again.

steve

4. Deda
    • Premium Supporter

Deda Lead Dev MP1 Videos

IT Consultant
    Ratings:
    +2,385 / 1
    Home Country:
    Croatia Croatia
    Show System Specs

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!