Any way to have internal volume control? (1 Viewer)

Hypertone

Portal Member
September 22, 2009
It seems that when changing volume with Mediaportal (on XP), it changes the volume in the Windows mixer, not the volume coming out of Mediaportal. Is there a way to set it up so that the volume control is internal to Mediaportal, and doesn't affect the Windows mixer?

I'm running a pro audio ASIO based card on my HTPC and it doesn't route through the Windows mixer, so I don't have any volume control. I tested it on my laptop to see the reason why. It's really my only gripe with Mediaportal so far. Other than that I love it! :D

etheesdad

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2008
    Adelaide
    on my system when using MP, the + and - keys in MP, they affect MP volume but do not affect mixer.

I wonder if this is a remote issue (ie that your remote is mapped directly to mixer) and is therefore affecting mixer volume when in MP.

Can you do a test:

run mp in a window with mixer control open. Give focus to MP and while playing some media, hit the + and - keys and see if they affect mixer control.

Then do the same thing with the remote.

If remote affects mixer control but keyresses do not, then its a simple matter to remap the remote buttons to fix the problem.

Hypertone

Portal Member
    September 22, 2009
    I've tried that. It doesn't affect the volume at all with the + and - key presses on my htpc. I tried it on my laptop and it does change volume. I think this is because I'm using a pro audio card on my htpc that doesn't go through the kernel mixer. If I go under control panel>sound, it says I have no sound device, which is the way it is designed. If I test it on my laptop, I open the kernel mixer and the "wave" slider moves up and down when I press the + and - keys. It seems like there is no internal volume control in Mediaportal, which I could really use since my amp doesn't have remote capability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom