Any way to hide the taskbar icon? (2 Viewers)

mediortal

Portal Member
July 28, 2009
I was wondering, is there any way to completely hide the taskbar and systray icons from showing?

Sometimes someone will be using the pc while MP is running, and I don't want them to click any of the icons. I know there is already an option to whole taskbar, but that is too much for me right now, as I need some to stay at all times.

So is there any setting or reg that can be set?

:D

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    You want to completely hide the taskbar, but still "need some to stay at all times". Could you be more specific on this?

mediortal

Portal Member
    July 28, 2009
    What I mean is, you know how every time you open a program, and some have systray icons, and all show up in the taskbar, like a little box, so you can click on it etc...

Well I just want to hid the MP taskbar box and systray icon, not the whole taskbar, or any other program, just media portal.

I hope that's clearer :D

:D

G

Gelöschtes Mitglied 96825

So is this impossible to do, would still like to know?

thanks.

I still have no idea what you mean mate.

The only thing visible on my screen is the recycle bin, everything else is gone, so its probably not impossible.

How about doing a screenshot of the item that you are referring to?

Gaz

G

Gelöschtes Mitglied 96825

I believe that he doesn't want the systray icon or the taskbar entry to appear for MediaPortal.

HTH

That option will either be in the software settings (configurator), if not then it would have to be done through the registry.

I will boot up the media centre tomorrow night and find it.

Knew there was an easier way!

How to hide an icon from the Taskbar (Bottom right near clock)

Right click on taskbar/clock.

Properties

Customize

Find MP in list.

Drop down box

"Always hide"

Im getting really confused with the taskbar and the systray icon? Arent they one of the same essentially?

Do you mean remove the process from the taskmanger, to make the application invisible?

mediortal

Portal Member
    July 28, 2009
    OK, well I don't really need this anymore as I'm using one display now, but just in case I go back to 2 displays in the future, I might still be in need of it, so.....

You can try the script I made to kill explorer ;-) See my signature.

But then that would completely remove explorer.exe, and I think that's already an option in the MP config (hide taskbar)

Im getting really confused with the taskbar and the systray icon? Arent they one of the same essentially?

Do you mean remove the process from the taskmanger, to make the application invisible?

Well I guess a picture tells a thousand words, plus I've run out of ways to describe it :D

mptaskbaricons.jpg

that's basically all I was asking, and if there is some magic reg settings, that applies to any program, then that would be even better.
    :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom