Any way to update from 0.2.3.0? (1 Viewer)

LXTR

Portal Pro
November 27, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hello:

Just a question...

Is there any way to update from 0.2.3.0 without losing all data?

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    What about RC2/RC3 etc. Will the deploy tool update the RC1 install? What about weekly SVNs? do we have to revert to a clean RC1 and then apply? od does it allow applying over each SVN?

Herr R aus B

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 22, 2007
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    please read the news.

clean installaton is required.

This is exactly what keeps me from changing to MP1 RC whatever - I have some 100 unwatched recordings (don't tell me I will never make it to watch them, if I didn't already make it by now :D) in this specific format. Is there a convenient way to convert all those files to some standard formats and then re-import the stuff to the MP1 db? The built-in converter crashes from time to time. And what about all the station definitions? The TV card definitions (I am actually running three cards)? The EPG stuff - all set up with much patience - everything to be done from scratch on?

Well OK - you all work hard and for free - no question. But as someone said above, we also work hard to give you the feedback you need to improve the system. I myself spent severeal weeks (!) doing testing for a display driver, where the guy who did the coding sits in canada and didn't have the hardware. So I sniffed COM ports, analyzed logs, made photos and videos and for each new release i spent some 4-8 hours of testing end reporting. That really was fun and that's how things should be. And that's why I think, coming up with the plain statement "You need a clean installation" implying "well sorry, you've gotta make up your mind how to cope with that on your own" is somewhat "microsoftish"...

Of course I am just talking about some migration aid tool - I am not talking corrupted databases, exotic plugins etc. The said driver I supported with testing is such an "irregular" plugin and the programmer always points out, that it has to be manually migrated. But what about the above mentioned basic configurations?

Regards

Axel

Users who are viewing this thread