[ATI] Anybody tried ATI CCC 11.6 already? HDTV working fine? (1 Viewer)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Anybody tried ATI CCC 11.6 already? HDTV working fine?

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Anybody tried ATI CCC 11.6 already? HDTV working fine?

Not using HDMI audio with a receiver ;-) Client 1: using SPDIF to Receiver Client 2: using HDMI Sound but directly to the TV

alexirion

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 8, 2010
    St. Georgen im Schwarzwald
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: AW: Anybody tried ATI CCC 11.6 already? HDTV working fine?

But, that shouldn't make a difference, if it is a AV-Receiver or a TV, that is connected to the HDMI port. Is sound working for you, when you hibernate the computer with the TV disconnected(unplugged cable), then connect the TV while computer is off and then resume hibernate. Is the TV then shown as connected HDMI audio device in the device manager?

--Alex

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

yesterday I tried the 11.6 and removed it after few tests again.

problem for me is the overscan issue: after resume from standby the overscan settings are not restored and I get black borders on my LOEWE 32" FullHD screen. That I have black borders is quite stupid, because it should be able to do a 1:1 pixel mapping.

this is so annyoing, I cannot understand how they (AMD) manage to produce driver updates and sometimes the bug is in, then not, then it... *arghhh*

I'm back on 10.3 again

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

strange overscan setting stays for me at 0%

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yeah I have that stupid overscan bug as well. Even right after installing and rebooting, it was set to 10% and I had to manually re-set it to 0% to get rid of the blackness around the image.
    (HDMI -> HDMI connection)

Spooky

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 14, 2005
    void 4tl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The overscan setting always was kind of dodgy. I also do not understand how they can screw it up so bad. And it's over a year now and they still have not re-enabled the possibility to change the GPU scaling options while running the native resolution of the display.

shorty1483

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Here on mine no overscan issue.

Also the other settings for video working very well. Overall, this version works better for me than the last one.

I do not use TV Server.

illiloh

Portal Pro
    November 13, 2010
    Erlangen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have the 11.6 and it works fine. No problems with it.
    I had the overscan problems too and it was a wrong driver from AMD.

Users who are viewing this thread