Anyone else having Hauppg. PVR250 issues? (1 Viewer)

toddbailey

Portal Pro
April 25, 2006
Pac NorWet
I have this reoccuring issue with the somewhat older Hauppague PVR250 card est 2 years. After running a media product, the card doesn't get reset properly, for lack of better terms. It first showed up in the linux-Myth tv, then Sage, Beyond tv and Meedio and now it is happending in MP at least for me. But not all of the time.
With regards to Meedio, the dev team rewrote code to fix the issue since so many others were having the same problem.
The long of it is, after power on and boot up you launch the mp app, view live tv, then exit mp, at which time the card is not properly reset or something, and very hung. When you relaunch mp or someother media app, the card is in an invalid, non working state. To date the only way to fix the problem at this point is to do a power down/restart cycle of the system. Is any one else having or had this problem and is there a better work around then my method?

Not quite ready to log this as a bug just yet.

tia

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    That sounds very familiar to me. Had the same problems with my PVR250MCE. In addition MP always tells me it is a PVR150.
    Compare it to the visual card reference on www.shrpvr.com and it is a true PVR250MCE.

Got it working perfectly with the following driver, which is a PVR150/500 driver.
    TV Card Model: Hauppauge PVR250MCE
    TV Card Type: Hardware
    TV Card Driver: 2.0.18.22316

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom