Anyone Fixed Green Button launch of Vista MCE? (1 Viewer)

X-Nemesis

Portal Member
November 9, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
Am stuck. Installed MPTrayMod and followed instructions. Installed IRServerSuite...not really sure what to do there.

I've also stopped Vista MCE service from running but in the end I still cannot get the green button to open up MediaPortal.

Any fix to this would be awesome.:confused:

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    When you press the green button does it launch Vista MCE, or does nothing happen?

If Vista MCE launches look here.

And in IR Server suit bind the green button to MediaPortal. (I don't have it in front of me atm, but I think it's as simple as: Start - All Programs - IR Server Suit - Translator - Then right click and open translator in the traymenu - click add - Press Green Button - select "program" - find mediaportal.exe.)

And I don't think you should have both MPtraymod and IR SS installed at the same time, I think it could lead to double-clicking on some buttons.

Lotsofjazz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have managed to stop Vista MCE bugging me, using the link of zicoz.

Then reinstalled mptray, and all is back to normal.. green button works as usual.

Just with the standard windows MCE remote, standard windows MCE IR USB receiver and standard windows driver. One of the few things that I really experienced as "plug and play." :D

Lots

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom