Anyone has "For The Record" Working? (1 Viewer)

jonaskp

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I patiently await the release where StreamedMP will support ForTheRecord "out-of-the-box".

Until that, has anyone been able to get it working using skinfiles from other skins or custom-modding them yourself?

I tried copying the skin files for MonoChrome over, but this doesn't work. In TV main Screen I only get the menu on the left and the rest is just black.

Until this is working, Unfortunately I can't use this skin. It's too bad, since its so sweet looking :D In the time since my install last night I haven't experienced any crashes or extremely odd behaviour either, so this is looking really good. :D

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
March 27, 2008
At the moment we are trying to get the default TV Section working correctly, once this is done we will look at adding support.

jonaskp

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Sure. I know you guys have enough to do right now with the default TV.
But perhaps some users out there have had some luck with modding an xml to make For The Record working. As it is now, I will probably have to switch skin back to Monochrome for the time being.
To bad, I was really liking this, it's much better that the first release I tried. Also, I havent had any crashes with TVseries yet.

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
March 27, 2008
Sure. I know you guys have enough to do right now with the default TV.
But perhaps some users out there have had some luck with modding an xml to make For The Record working. As it is now, I will probably have to switch skin back to Monochrome for the time being.
To bad, I was really liking this, it's much better that the first release I tried. Also, I havent had any crashes with TVseries yet.

What does it look like when you copy the for the record xmls from monochrome to streamedMP?

jonaskp

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
On TVhome: I get the left side menu, but on the right side its just dark. Theres a couple of white dots scattered around. Looks like someone just used paint-eraser but forgot some tiny spots :p.
On the TVguide I get alot of dark areas too, but if I remember correct I do have the timeline.
I can try to take some Screenshots next time I get the time in front of the HTPC.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I'm usif 4TR with StreamedMP and copied the Monocrome files. Not that good looking but I get TV and no errors....

cheers
    cul8er

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi,

I'm usif 4TR with StreamedMP and copied the Monocrome files. Not that good looking but I get TV and no errors....

cheers
    cul8er

That is strange. I can't really use anything in the interface I have. If I open recorded programs, I can't see anything.
    I'll post some screenshots later though.
    Btw are you using the skinfiles for Monochrome that is supplied with ForTheRecord or did you use the skinfiles that comes with Monochrome when installing the skin?

I didn't even think ForTheRecord supplied Skin files, but after I did a complete reinstall of windows friday, I installed ForTheRecord and some skin-folders with just ForTheRecord xml's popped up - Monochrome included.
    Perhaps I should try downloading Monochrome and taking the skinfiles from there. If I could just get it working, it wouldn't matter that much that its not so good looking, because the rest of Streamed MP looks so damn amazing :D

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I'm using the skin files that was supplied with the installation of 4TR. Copied the xml files and images to StreamedMP and got a working solution. When entering TV I see the menu to the right and if I start tv stat works. I can also see all upcoming recordings, active recordings etc.

Haven't done anything besides installing 4TR client on top of MP, installed StreamedMP and then copied the 4TR skin files from monocrome directory (4TR files for monocrome comes with the 4TR installation).

regards
    cul8er

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom