Anyone here brave enough to integrate comskip into MP?

Discussion in 'General Support' started by ASiDiE, October 18, 2005.

1. ASiDiE
    • Premium Supporter

ASiDiE Retired Team Member

Computer Tek/Tester for MP
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I think this has been talked about here before, but I would like to open it up again. I was searching around the forums and found a post about setting the forward skip to 3 minutes with 1 press of the button. I thought, he wants to be able to skip commercials quickly. And then I remembered some of the "Other" products were using programs to skip commercials. The name of the program is Comskip and it is open source. I also noticed that GBPVR has integrated this into their product. Why can't we do the same? Here is a link to the Open Source Project

I am hoping someone will take a look at this and possibly in the future see something like this in MP!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Callifo
    • Premium Supporter

Callifo Retired Team Member

Student
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Home Country:
    Ive already been talking to the comskip developer and am trying to get the new transport stream recording format added. We can then go about processing the files reasonably simple. Reading back the data will take a bit of effort but we should eventually get there. Bare in mind comskip does use some cpu cycles (1 hour show too 10 mins to process on a 2600+ at full load, so we will have to work out how to implement the processing in a more load friendly manner).

Also until analogue cards are moved to the TS engine as well, it will only work with DVB cards. This is because comskip will never support dvr-ms files because they are DRM files.

4. civikdude

civikdude Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So this means that I would not be able to run comskip on a .dvr-ms file created by my Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 500 MCE card? I tried it once without much luck.

5. Callifo
    • Premium Supporter

Callifo Retired Team Member

Student
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Home Country:
    Correct, you'd have to wait until the analogue system was moved over to the TS recording engine.

6. Downzy

Downzy Portal Pro

Configuration Management Analyst
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Califfo,

It's great to hear that you are looking into this, it's a really exciting feature. Please keep us posted on the progress.

Cheers,
    Downzy

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!