Anyone use the ORB software for steaming live TV? (1 Viewer)

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    This has only been touched on a couple of times in these forums. I would love to see something like this added to media portal. Most of the TV cards that it supports are the same cards MP supports. It is also free but not open source. I thing the whole goal of MP is to be its PVR/DVR to replace tivo and replaytv. I would love to see something like this either as a plugin or actually in MP. Here is a quick rundown of what orb does...

Orb makes it simple and fast to stream photos, music, videos and your live and recorded TV to any Web-enabled device.

Share your photos saved on your PC with friends and family anywhere! FREE!
    Listen to your home music collection at work! FREE!
    Watch all your videos on your PC anywhere on your PDA or laptop! FREE!
    Watch live TV on your PDA or laptop at the cafe! FREE!

www.orb.com

Thoughts?

ajalanmp

Portal Member
    April 3, 2006
    ASiDiE,

How are you using MP with orb? The impression that I got was that MP was a stand alone OS, not something that ran on top of XP, so have you installed orb inside of MP?

TIA

AJ

ASiDiE

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 14, 2005
    USA
    I am sorry if I gave you the wrong impression. I am using ORB and MP on the same computer, but they are not integrated together. I am pretty sure that someday, MP is going to move to a Server/client setup. I would like to see something that like ORB within MP. I would have to have the option to stream video at different bit rates for different connections. (phone, pda, TV). Right now you can grab Live TV and all your media with orb and stream it. Until we have a real streaming client, it works for what I need it for.

smnnekho

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 6, 2006
    Germany
    ajalanmp said:
    ASiDiE,

How are you using MP with orb? The impression that I got was that MP was a stand alone OS, not something that ran on top of XP, so have you installed orb inside of MP?

TIA

AJ

MP is the best program in the whole world but still.... it's just a programm not an OS (-; it sure can be run under windows XP.

anyway, would be nice to have MPOS *G*

T_Tronix

Portal Member
    May 15, 2006
    ORB & MyTheatre

were u able to stream live tv from mytheatre? I got a digiwave 103g dvb-s & mytheatre for tv on my pc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom