Anyone using DAB radio receiver with MP? (1 Viewer)

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    as far as i know, MP has no knowledge of DAB recievers. If it were to get support written for it, it would probably have to have specific support for each device as there isn't a universal API for it unlike DVB.

What country are you in? In the UK Freeview radio stations have a higher bandwidth than DAB so sound better anyway. Granted this doesn't include any local stations, but it is something to think about.

knutinh

Portal Pro
    September 4, 2005
    Ahh. Didnt think of that. Perhaps the best bet is a DAB receiver emulating a DVB-T BDA driver or analog FM-tuner then, posing as something it isnt?

I live in Norway, where DVB-T is still only in trial transmissions. Of course, there are countless web radio services, but they seem to change url every month or so.

regards
    Knut

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    With the new TV engine it is entirely possible to do this as far as i'm aware, it will just take a lot of coding to become compatible with MediaPortals radio system.

Just has a thought though. Trinloc do a USB DAB tuner (http://www.trinloc.de/cms/trinloc/index.php?lang=5&idcatside=7) that works with a piece of software called DAB Bar. It takes control of the DAB tuner and lets you stream the MP2/3 audio over HTTP. So you can connect to it like you would any other internet radio stream, even though the streams can be coming from the same PC as MediaPortal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom