Anyone with problems launching episodes from new MP 1? (1 Viewer)

LXTR

Portal Pro
November 27, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
I've intalled the MP1 (this is the third time i try to use MP1). I've noticed i'm not able to launch episodes from MyTvSeries. I've tried with several svn fo the plugin (downloaded from svn page of MyTVSeries). No way to lauch them. As soon as i have returned to MP 0.2.3.0, everything works fine.

¿Anyone has noticed any similar trouble?

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    no problem here.
    what does the path to the file say when you look in the setup config?
    What type of files are they, .avi .mkv?

LXTR

Portal Pro
    November 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Path right, avi files

The path is right.
    They are .avi, all of them. Really strange. When i select the episode from the lepisodes list of the screen, it tries to launch, but at the moment, it goes back to the episodes screen.
    I've tried to uninstall and install again the MP1. I've tried to change the skin and to clean the database, no way. As soon as i returned to 0.2.3.0 again ,everything right.
    :( :confused:

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Weird.
    I have a lot of MPs running and done a lot of upgrades/new installs using 1.0 recently and not seen it.
    When I have seen the 'failing to load' issue in the past it was either

1. bad path (or drive offline)
    2. file it could not read, bad codec or something

but it does not sound like either of these are your issue.
    Have you tried turning up the logging level and reading the log for a hint?

LXTR

Portal Pro
    November 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Weird.
    Have you tried turning up the logging level and reading the log for a hint?

Not really. :oops:

I'm watching "Heroes 02" now, and how i was all weekend trying to solve the problem and no success, i got "nervious" :D and i decided to go back to 0.2.3.0, to finish the serie.Next weekend i´ll try again, so maybe then i can find the solution...

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Can confirm what gamejester said about it working here.

Are you using the same TVSeries plugin\mediainfo.dll with MP1 as with 0.2.3.0, as they are different and one will not work with the other, same with skins, old skin will not work with new RC1 + svn.

LXTR

Portal Pro
    November 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    ...Are you using the same TVSeries plugin\mediainfo.dll with MP1 as with 0.2.3.0, as they are different and one will not work with the other...
    :eek:
    Maybe that... yes, i'm using the same... I didn't think about it... i used Indigo 1.9, so the skin was right, but the mediainfo... ¿where can i find the correct one?

LXTR

Portal Pro
    November 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I'll try it this weekend... thanks!

pzycho

Portal Member
    March 14, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I had this same issue and was actually able to fix it while trying to look through my logs for a response to this thread. My issue had to do with DirectVobSub. In 0.2.3.0 for some reason the regular DirectVobSub didn't work for me so I changed over to DirectVobSub (autoloading). In 0.2.3.0 this didn't cause a problem with My TV Series, but now it seems to throw an error (maybe only for shows that don't have subs). I simply turned off the autoloading VobSub. Now l just hope I can get my subs on my movies working.

Just an update... This broke the subtitles on my movies now. I'm just curious if there is hope of the subtitle issue with autoloading DirectVobSub being fixed in the future? Thanks in advance.

Update #2: Movies work fine. I forgot to click the check-box next to the non-autoloading DirectVobSub. I'm all good now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom