aopen xcube ea65II and mediaportal please help me!!! (1 Viewer)

friffu

Portal Member
May 4, 2006
Hi everyone,

i have an aopen xcube ea65II with this configuration:

Processor: Celeron 2,66
Ram: 1,25 gb
Video Card: ati radeon 9200 pro family on agp slot
video card: intel onboard (disabled)
Tv card: Leadtek winfast tv2000 expert
Audio card: realtek ac'97 (onboard)

I'm going to explain my problem.

Aopen gives in bundle an home theatre software called intervideo home theatre.

On my experience i don't like this software..i think it has a lot of bugs and much more things that i'm not here to explain.

For this i found a day mediaportal software and i like so much it and how it works but unfortunately somethings doesen't work correctly:

1) the remote control is not works correctly with all buttons
2) the tv and tuner card doesen't recognized by the mediaportal
3) the mediaportal doesen't support the vdf panel on the front of the machine

someone can help me please?

I'm tired and sad coz i have bought this machine with all my money and it doesen't works as i 'd like...

Thank you in advance to all who wants help me..

friffu

Portal Member
May 4, 2006
sorry but i'm new here...i understood now how to describe my configuration

Area: Media Portal Program
MP Version: MediaPortal 0.2.0.0 RC4
Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: winxp pro sp2
CPU Type: celeron 2.66
Memory: 1,25 gb
Motherboard Chipset: i don't know :)
Video Card: ati radeon 9200 pro on agp slot
Video Card Driver: 6.14.10.6462
Video Card Resolution: 1024x768
Video Render Type: I don't know :)
Video Codec Type & Version: i have all kind of video codecs..in fact i can see all kind of video possible
Audio Codec Type & Version: i don't know but i can here all...
TV Card: Leadtek winfast v 2000 xp expert
TV Card Type: tv card analogic + fm tuner
TV Card Driver: 5.13.1.335

i hope now is right in this way.

Thank you again

wortelsoft

Portal Pro
May 13, 2005
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
To start there is a tool which gathers most of the information for the support template for you (just use it the next time):

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=2766

Then your problem.

Your card is supported but as you can see your cpu isn't fast enough:

MediaPortal TVEngine
On 08/02/2006 [11:41:04] dman_LFC added the following change: - WinFast TV2000 XP Global support - 2.8GHz processor required

Your tv card is a software encoder card and together with your graphics card wich isn't directx 9 hardware you won't be able to watch tv.

Maybe an older version of MP works with your card (0.1.3) because software cards were handled different in that version.

friffu

Portal Member
May 4, 2006
thank you very much for the suggest wortelsoft!

i seen in an other post, about a person who use my same tv card , that i should install the pvr software of the winfast...

i've downloaded that software but it doesen't recognize the card too!!! unbelievable..

the card works only with intervideo home theatre in bundle with the xcube!!

And then Do u know or u can suggest me how i can solve the others problems that i wrote about the remote and vdf panel?

thank you a lot again

friffu

Portal Member
May 4, 2006
thank you again a lot wortlesoft

i hope someone else can give me much more info about my others problems...

Fidoboy

Portal Pro
April 27, 2006
Spain
to wortelsoft: if previous versions of MP were handling software based cards better than actual version, why not include that engine into the actual version?? i think that you should consider that as the best solutions for sw cards... if the program detects a sw based card, then it applies old method, and if there is a hardware card, then it uses the new enhaced method? i can't understand why using Nero Home my card is working with a very low CPU usage and with MP there is frame drops and high CPU usage... can u explain it to me?

Thanks in advance for your patience, and tell me if i can help you to solve troubles with sw based cards...

friffu

Portal Member
May 4, 2006
hi Fido u r right when u say that the tv card leadtek is recognized by the old mediaportal version Release 0.1.3.0...Just today i was tryng....in fact in the setup panel i can add it....but when try to launch the software nothing appear...i can hear the the typical noise of the buttons but i can see only my desktop...it seems like if the application it is working but shows nothing.....in fact if i press alt+f4 i keep again the control of the windows...

but i'm not sure that this bug depends from the tv card!!!!

I don't know what think....i'm not a programmer otherwise i could try to fix some bugs....and i'm sad because mediaportal is the only media center software that i really like, but unfortunately works not good(in my case i mean).

Hoping good news about my problems i say thanks to all who wants to help me in advance.

Fidoboy

Portal Pro
April 27, 2006
Spain
Try uninstalling MP and then delete manually the folder were MP was... then make a fresh install of MP 0.1.3... I was testing this version also, and TV card support is wonderful, i can't understand why the new version doesn't work in the same way... using TV CPU usage is around 14% for me, and there is no dropped frames... I think that a good solution could be to include both TV engines in the new release, as i told before, one for sw cards and the other for hw based cards... let's hope that a developer read this thread and he gives us an answer... :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom