API Documentation? (1 Viewer)

Vaelek

Portal Member
March 5, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
So I found the plugin dev guide, what there is for one anyhow. I have yet to find any API documentation for plugin development though. Everything I have found (minus the guide), dating back to 2004, just says to look at the source code and figure it out (of which there is almost 500MB of!!). This is an awful long time to have no docs. I am in the process of trying to create an alternative Netflix watch-now plugin, which I have managed to hack together a proof of concept at least, but I'm finding it rather difficult to progress any further. Even something as fundamental as playing a video or stream has no mention. So far all I have figured out has been through loading other plugins into Reflector and trying to piece things together. The dev guide lists several kinds of plugins that can be created, but gives an incredibly bare-bones example of only one of those. I find the fact that v2 is in development without ever documenting the v1 API to be sortof absurd. Even as I write this, I see the 'similar threads' displayed have API questions with 0 replies dating back over a year. When can we expect some API docs :confused:
:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom