Apple Airplay in MediaPortal (1 Viewer)

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Depends on wether or not the sourcecode is available...

If it was, I think it would be quite easy to implement it as a mediaportal plugin.

soberdor

Portal Member
    October 21, 2007
    this would be great, as navigating through video sites like youtube is a lot easier on a mobile device compared to a media center remote.

+1

simon

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I started to implement airstream-mediaplayer into a MediaPortal plugin some months ago, I think. Sending photos is working (although slow if you send multiple photos, sending only one is fast). Then I tried to tackle video but making MediaPortal play videos from a stream was too hard. I tried to use code from mp-onlinevideos2 but didn't really know how that all works.

I will clean it up a little tonight and upload the very-very-alpha source somewhere. Maybe someone with more experience is able to help. Photos and (drm-free) video should be no problem, but audio is. Here Apple uses some kind of encryption. I think the private key of this is out there but using that would be a) illegal and b) too complicated for me :D

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok I uploaded the source to GitHub: https://github.com/Shukuyen/AirPortal
    Please feel free to create forks, send pull requests and so on. I am grateful for any help as I don't know how to proceed with this.

An installer package should be available in the MediaPortal Extensions Installer (AirPortal 0.1 Alpha). Please make sure you have checked to see alpha releases.

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No, the one I started is based on an opensource project called airstream-media-player (which has been abondoned :-/). I don't see any reference to other projects on the WMC page, so my guess is they wrote it from scratch.

nimrodel50 is looking into video support, so maybe we have something like this in the future :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested [2024-03-03 18:26:58,262] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: TV service found. Checking status... [2024-03-03 18:26:58,263] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: TV service is in status Running - proceeding...
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested...
    MediaPortal 1.33 Release Written by Team-MediaPortal. We have just released MediaPortal 1.33 - Springtime / 20th Anniversary...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 No genres after upgrade to 2.5 DE
    You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and music are part of the NET6 version as for NET4. If you have issues with it further infos would be good.
    You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and...
    Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the Requirements and you've filled in your System...
    Replies
    Views
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [News] MediaPortal 2 - 2.5 Release DE
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.5 MediaPortal 2.5 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that apparent errors are not rare, but these are "errors" that do not affect the functioning of the product. (It is not desirable to have these errors in the log file, as it misleads users, testers, and...
    Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that...
    Hi, I am reinstalling MediaPortal 1.13 on a new W10 64Bit computer. In need to use this old version because of TVWishlist. So my...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom