Apple trailers downloader(v0.065) *bugfix release* (1 Viewer)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

Recently created a C# console application, what it does:

1. Downloads recent HD and/or Highres apple trailers via the apple rss feed.
    2. Makes folders with the movie title as the name
    3. Downloads the movie posters and renames them to folder.jpg(for use in mediaportal en windows explorer)
    4. Checks if you already have the trailer, not perfect atm but checks if the folder and file exists
    5. Uses the tasksheduler library(CodeProject: A New Task Scheduler Class Library for .NET. Free source code and programming help) which was created by Dennis Austin.
    This allows for the task scheduling feature.

To do list:

Cleanup managment <- set max trailer folder size and how long to keep the "old" trailers
    MPI installer to make it a seamless install
    Preview with poster

Download link:

*Version 0.065 - updated 20-09-08*

File-Upload.net - Apple-Downloader-v0.065.zip

Changes in this version:

1. Solved crashes when a webclient or local file had / in their name.

How to the install standalone program:

1. Unpack the zip and copy the contents of the "Standalone" to a seperate folder where you want to run it ( for instance C:\program files\apple trailer downloader\)
    2. Use Apple_downloader_config.exe to setup your settings
    3. Here you will need to set the default downloads directory and which version to download(hd/highres)
    4. Run Apple_downloader.exe and it will download the latests trailers.

How to install mediaportal plugin:

1. Unpack the zip and copy the contents of the "mediaportal plugin" folder to your plugins/windows folder -> by default "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\Windows\"

2. Start mediaportal configuration and navigate to the plugins section
    3. Select the "Apple trailer downloader" and press config, this the same gui config as the standalone config.
    4. Here you will need to set the default downloads directory and which version to download(hd/highres)
    5. Next you can add it to the scheduler and set the wanted time to run it(weekly/daily also),

Screenshot:

ash

January 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Great tool.
    Think of running this tool as a scheduled task on my mediacenter and place the trailers in a separate folder under my movies.
    At least, so long the new MyTrailers plugin based on RSS is available.

Thanks!

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Great tool.
    Think of running this tool as a scheduled task on my mediacenter and place the trailers in a separate folder under my movies.
    At least, so long the new MyTrailers plugin based on RSS is available.

Thanks!

Made it for the same purpose here, got tired of streaming them :p
    Integration into mediaportal is going very well thanks to the good documentation from the mediaportal team :) , should be done tonight if no bugs popup.
    You will be able to see the progress of the downloads in mediaportal and set the settings in mediaportal config.

/edit: made the config and the skin file, now need to figure out how to create a seperate thread and give some on-screen feedback(trailer downloaded etc..)
    Screenshot of progress so far:

appledownloadermpv003me5.jpg

/edit2: will make a standalone version as well with a gui config tool to setup the folders and various other options.

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Updated with a new config utility to set the folders and what version to download.

lstepnio

Portal Member
    July 24, 2008
    I would suggest keeping a simple database or text file of already downloaded trailers using the "id" in the feeds as done in the bash script I wrote and posted here ( https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/plugins-47/mytrailers-42622/index11.html#post291349 ). You'll want to have something to purge the database of older entries after a while but I've to determine how long a while is. I haven't had a single duplicate or re-download of trailer since I wrote the script using this method. I'm wondering why you're making separate folders for each trailer downloaded?

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yeah working on that now :), currently checks the filesize from the local .mov and remote .mov(for failed/incomplete downloads) and also matches the id's from the apple rss feed.
    Will use an xml file for the "database", should function just as good with a little overhead.
    Purging can be done by adding a date in the xml, then on every run it will check it and if it gets to old and it will purge the old items(maybe even the local .mov files).
    And will add an option where you set how long you want keep old trailers.

I'm using a folder per trailer because then you can create a folder.jpg in that folder and have a nice thumbnails view in both mediaportal and windows explorer with the poster as the folder "icon".
    Can make this optional of course, a new version will be out in a few days which should have all this included and probably more.

Also created another application in the meantime, which does something different:

1. fetches your personal bookmarked tv series from episodeworld.com
    2. then searches for the most recently aired episode of the shows on newzbin.com and checks the different releases(default downloads the hd720p/hdtv version)
    3. adds them to sabnzbd+

This way it automates the series download and you don't have to bother checking for them, just have to bookmark your shows on episodeworld and it will download the recent episodes when they air.
    And if you are using the mp-tvseries plugin it will automatically import them there.
    But dunno if anyone is interested in such an app so haven't posted it.

hermy65

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2007
    holy mother of god Rick, i have been looking for something like that forever, i am definately interested in the tv program

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Will release it then :D , need to make litttle config gui for it so it's easy to setup first but shouldn't take too long.
    It's a console application which can be scheduled via the windows task sheduler, i normally run it twice a day(15:00 and 19:00 GMT+1) because then most of the series are released.

Kossan

Portal Pro
    August 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks! The Apple Trailer downloader is great, if it can be intigrated into MP configuration with a scheduler then this is a killer-plugin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom