Application hangs and 'Unable to create graph message' (1 Viewer)

Fidoboy

Portal Pro
April 27, 2006
Spain
Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC4$CVS-05.05.2006- 1:01:27,20
(2006-05-05)
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: InterVideo Audio Decoder
Video Codec: Leadtek MPEG Muxer
CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 - 3.40GHz
Memory: 1 GB
Motherboard: 8I915P Duo (Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.)
TV Card Model: Leadtek WinFast TV2000 XP Expert
TV Card Type: Software
TV Card Driver: 4.0.107.3204
Video Card Model: Nvidia Geforce 6600 (256 MB)
Video Card Driver: 84.21
Video Card Resolution: 1280x1024
Video Render Type: -
Audio Card Model: C-Media High Definition Audio Device
Audio Card Driver: -
Synopsis::

Some times when entering setup in TV section, it shows 'Unable to create graph'... Currently i have WinDVD 7 installed (i don't know if it is necessary). In MediaPortal app, entering My TV section, shows black screen, and the applicationg hangs when exiting (and i can't kill process). Also i don't know exactly witch codec must i select in the setup, should i use Leadtek MPEG Muxer? or Intervideo or Cyberlink??

Commodore 64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Are you ever able to tune TV?

You've got a nice rig there, but a pretty lousy TV card (software TV card, right?).

We need log files. Try to tune TV, after MP crashes or whatever, exit MP, and then go into your MP directory and find the "log" folder. Open the Mediaportal.log file and paste the contents in the pastebin here: http://mpteam.pastebin.com/533807

Make a new post, and then post a link to it so we can see what's going on.

Fidoboy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2006
    Spain
    Sometimes i can tune some TV stations using the setup (Television > Capture cards > Edit > Autotune) and the channel was shown in the small rectangle... but after that it hangs... I'm going to paste the mediportal.log after launching autotune from setup... and i'll try also to paste the log when using MP app ...

Many thanks for the fast reply!! :wink:

Fidoboy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2006
    Spain
    I've posted both logs, the first one is after using Setup program (this time it doesn't hangs but it shows only black screen in TV tuner); the second one is the log generated after running MP (it also doesn't hangs but shows also a black screen)... if you need more help, just tell me... thanks again...

Fidoboy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2006
    Spain
    I've just posted a third log file generated after exiting MP. This time (i don't know why, but may be that the reason is that before launching MP i've opened the TV app supplied with the TV card) it shows the TV image for a second, but freezed and after that, the TV screen goes black...

Fidoboy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2006
    Spain
    I've just discovered that the issue happens only after enabling timeshifting feature, if i disable timeshifting it appears to run fine.... :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom