Approx 27 sec image freeze when playing TV serie (1 Viewer)

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
April 11, 2005
Brussels
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
I've been running almost a week with Trakt disabled. Never had a total freeze, sometimes the kind of slight stutter described by Knives03.
I have now copied several of my episodes to the SSD "system disk" to completely rule out drive spin up. I'll see about that packet capturing if it happens again.

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
April 11, 2005
Brussels
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Playing the latest Dexter episode from the SDD, I had a freeze. Wireshark had been running for over 2hours so the capture file is quite big ;-) So I only exported packets from when I started the playback of the file until I had closed MP and stopped the capture.

MP was not started in debug mode, so I simply exported all logs to a zip file and added the capture file.

My next attempt is to disable IPv6, as I see only IPv6 traffic around the time of the freeze, but to be honest, it's not even an educated guess... If anyone has suggestions ? @kiwijunglist ?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Country flag
    For what it's worth all activity between trakt and your computer is done in separate background threads and shouldn't interfere with normal MediaPortal operations.

Last edited:

Furetto

Moderator - Dutch Forums
    April 11, 2005
    Brussels
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    For what it's worth all activity between trakt and your computer is done in separate background threads and shouldn't interfere with normal MediaPortal operations.

Thank you for this info. Just yesterday I thought about disconnecting my LAN cable and I have not had any total freeze for the whole evening. Which proves.... nothing...
    I'm currently more or less at the end of what I can think of to test...
    Disabled my remote. Disabled most plugins I don't use very often.

I am beginning to consider making a completely fresh install of windows and test step by step when exactly the freeze begins, as I have the impression it was not so right after my last reinstallation (when I installed an SSD as system disk).

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Country flag
    I had quite a lot of issues with my last HTPC, I experienced random freeze/lockups for 30-60secs. I feel your pain, it use to drive me insane. I ended up tracking it down to the SSD drive, after a firmware upgrade (which proved to be very diffulcult) I no longer experienced the issue.

So my advice, see if there is a firmware update for your drive and hopefully its easy to apply not like mine. It's as good a try as any and nothing to loose except all your data of course :)

IIRC it was related to how it communicated with the motherboard chipset, in my case everything was connected to the chipset such as I/O, networking etc.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread