ARGH! MP suddenly stopped playing videos altogether! please help! (1 Viewer)

Statick

Portal Pro
December 25, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
i was watching a video in the tv-series plugin. i pressed stop and closed MP as i needed to import some stuff in the moving pictures plugin. the import showed some problems (the importer kept freezing during import, and i had to end task the MP config), and so i gave up and went back to watching the video.

when i tried to load the video, it prompted me to resume from where i pressed stop, but then MP froze when it tried to play it. since then, no video has successfully played in MP at all. MP just freezes. also, the moving pictures importer freezes during every import, and i have to end task the MP config. all these things have worked perfectly for ages, and while i have done a lot of updating of MP and plugins over the previous week, all those updates were completed several days before the problem happened, and i had spent several days enjoying MP working perfectly since the last update.

i've attached my logs. please help. i've already tried a basic re-install of MP. i really don't want to do a full re-install as all my plugins and settings have months worth of tweaking and configuring to get my HTPC how i like it, and it will take forever to re-create all that :(

Statick

Portal Pro
December 25, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
new information: actually it's only MKV/h264 videos which won't play (which represents 95% of my collection).
other video codecs play fine. so i guess it's a codec issue.

ok, reinstalled SAF codec and it seems to be working properly again.

sorry for the interruption! as you were...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom