Ascpect Ratio (1 Viewer)

drdeath691

March 9, 2007
I picked up a Dell Studio Hybrid to replace my aging Xbox 1 and I am trying to figure out the correct aspect ratio. My current tv is a 57" 1080i Projection TV. I am connected through the HDMI port. If I set the HTPC for 1280X720 and play back an HD Movie inside Media portal will it be 1080i or will it be at 720. I can set the resolution to 1080i if I need to. I will be using it as a Movie/TV/Emultator PC only.

frenzy

Portal Pro
April 29, 2008
Home Country
France France
Country flag
If you set the resolution at 1280x720 it will be that. The "correct" aspect ratio is the one that the video was shot in and the director intended for you to see but I'm guessing that's not your question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hello guy's please can you try in this order : 1. - try to use official mediainfo tool : https://mediaarea.net/download/binary/mediainfo-gui/20.08/MediaInfo_GUI_20.08_Windows_i386_WithoutInstaller.7z unzip and open how many times for opening ? if fast please test next stuff. 2. (do backup of your db and thumbs folder first)...
Hello guy's please can you try in this order : 1. - try to use official mediainfo tool ...
Hi all, Not sure where this should go, as it encompasses a couple of issues, I have been having, for some time, over multiple MP...
Replies
Views
It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me over the edge for sure.;)
It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me...
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3 MediaPortal 2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user...
Replies
Views
Small skin graphics cached ... big not always ... While you in window al changes for windows skin ignored, when you reenter to this windowm its load skin again with all changes ... :)
Small skin graphics cached ... big not always ... While you in window al changes for windows skin ignored, when you reenter to...
Hi Guys, I just recently completed a major cleanup and reorganization of my media library. My media library is stored on a 10 TB...
Replies
Views
Hi, I had the same issue, after resume it stops the first time and also lost the current position and restarts from beginning. The curious is, it happens also after switching to a newer hardware (yet a Intel NUC 8i3). Thanks to all here, this issue is also solved for me :):)
Hi, I had the same issue, after resume it stops the first time and also lost the current position and restarts from beginning. The...
I had to replace my MP1 PC. Old one worked successfully 1.23 with latest Slow Ring Windows Insider. Have WD 5TB USB 3.0 drive for...
Replies
Views
Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as a dedicated opto-electronic calibrator but it's more than adequate for this application and much better than trying to do things by eye (even when the lack of sync is massively obvious, subjective...
Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as...
Hello!!! I use a handy app called catchin' sync to roughly check the AV sync of audio/video on my HTPC/TV. It's not as accurate as...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom