Asking for skin suggestion (1 Viewer)

gluteus.maximus

Portal Member
September 19, 2010
Hi everybody.
I'm new to MediaPortal and HTPC world, and currently still looking for a media center application to use. What I'd like to have is a media browser that could list my movies/songs with a kind of "Windows 7 Aero Style" or some thing like that (i.e. not a standard list/icon), and display the synopsis, artists, star rating, and matching backdrop when I select a movie.

Which skin should I use to have that kind of features?

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Asking for skin suggestion

Welcome to MP ;)
    You may use any of the actual skins, because all of them offer the features you´re looking for.

gluteus.maximus

Portal Member
    September 19, 2010
    Re: AW: Asking for skin suggestion

Hi Catavolt.

So I tried installing Black Glass (I just picked any skin to have a try), the movies were listed in form of icons queue and there was no backfrop displayed when I clicked on any of them.

Am I choosing the wrong skin? I've browsed some of the available skins but I still couldn't find the one with "picture stack" kind of list. What should I do to have the backgdrop displayed? I have them stored in my film folder right now.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Asking for skin suggestion

You should install the plugin FanartHandler which downloads the backdrops for your movies automatically.
    When in MyVideos view, you may change the listview to small icons, big icons and coverview, so not only listview is supported.
    Try to play a bit with the different settings and views ;)

gluteus.maximus

Portal Member
    September 19, 2010
    Re: AW: Asking for skin suggestion

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try it tonight. And sure, I'll play with the settings and plug in a lot. I just need suggestions and pointer on where to begin. :)

P.S. about "MyVideos", is that the name of a plugin? I'm still searching for a plugin named that, but so far I haven't found it in the plugin list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom