Aspect Ratio setting from MCE (1 Viewer)

icemanguru

Portal Member
October 25, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Dear Members,
I have the lastest release of Media portal 0.2.2 . I am using a third party software for playing DVD. The name of the software is Cyberlink DVD. Under the DVD settings in the configuration settings. I am able to select the video codec called "Cyberlink Sp/decoder" So when I play dvd in media portal, I am able to play threw the Cyberlink. I also know that Media portal is running the Cyberlink program in the background when playing the DVD. I also know that if I select the "MPA codec" if I spelled it correctly. That I am able to go in to a menu when the movie is playing and change aspect ratio. Well my problem is that I need help finding out . How can I use my MCE remote to change aspect ratio of "Cyberlink sp/decoder" just like using MPA decoder. Becuase at the current moment. If I want to go from normal to stretch or zoom, or any of these different ratios. I am having to exit out of media portal completely and go to configuration and change it every time and then restart media portal. please help me.
Thanks,
Icemanguru

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    MPA = MediaPortal Audio
    MPV = MediaPortal Video

Changing aspectratio -> blue teletext-button (no matter which codec is running, I belive). If you don't have teletxt-buttons, se wiki (signature) for hotkey, or use the -button.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    What happens when you press the info button, You do not have to have PowerDVD running to use the codec.

If you have selected use external program (different thing from codec), then the graphics are controlled from that program, ie PowerDVD and there is nothing MediaPortal can do about it.

The Codec is selected from MP setup\movies\Video decoders.

icemanguru

Portal Member
    October 25, 2006
    Home Country
    When I press the "I" Button on the MCE remote. Nothing happens. Then all the buttons on the remote do nothing. Unless I press the"I" button again. So what should I do guys? All I want to do is change aspect ratio in media portal. But use the high quality codec of PowerDVD for dvd playback.

icemanguru

Portal Member
    October 25, 2006
    Home Country
    I have a Nvidia FX5200 Video Card. It is Directx 9.0 compatible.
    Icemanguru

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom