Asrock 3d vision and WHS (1 Viewer)

lulsam

Portal Pro
December 28, 2006
Home Country
Spain Spain
I don't use the remote that came with the Asrock because I already have a MCE remote and the IR port of the Asrock is fully compatible so I prefer to continue using my old remtoe until it dies and after that start using the new remote.

Anyway I will give it a try to see if it works or not.

Cheers.

Manuel

lulsam

Portal Pro
December 28, 2006
Home Country
Spain Spain
All right, I checked this morning the remote taht comes with the PC. As it is stated that is full MCE compatible and I was using the standard MCE remote I did not change any configuration, and voilà, it worked like a champ!!

I tested every single button and worked as expected, even the buttons modified from the standard (blue for mediatip plugin, and yellow and teletext which I modified manually to support the ARC plugin).

Just a couple of points to finish:
I did not test the ability to program the remote to operate the TV (volume and shut down) but it should work. On the other hand my impression of this remote is pretty good although it lacks of a coupel of buttons compared with the official MCE emote (access to recorded TV and DVD menu) and also it uses button style batteries CR2032 because it is pretty thin.

I will continue using my old offcial MCE remote because of the last (I used rechargeable bats), but I think the remote is really great.

Hope this helps :D

Manolo

dj_taus

Portal Member
May 27, 2008
SOLVED:

I've been complaining a bit about the fan noise from the Asrock Vision, which is especially high when a blu-ray is playing, but recently I updated the bios for other reasons and voila, the obscure fan noise was gone!

I don't know why it took me so long to do that update, but at least to sound is acceptable now!

lulsam

Portal Pro
December 28, 2006
Home Country
Spain Spain
Yeah, I was surprised about your noise issue, mine produces not sound at all, even during summer time when weather is hot and playing with HD content (36 GB Avatar). I am extremely happy with this piece of hw, the only thing I am not 100% satisfied is the time it requires to boot up (around 2 minutes), but I hardly use it because I prefer to suspend it with the remote and from this state it returns to life in just a few seconds (restarting MePo included)!!!

Rgds

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom