ASRock Core 100HT (1 Viewer)

melstig

Portal Pro
July 16, 2006
Umea
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I have just ordered an Asrock 100HT-BD and I am just waiting for the swedish postal service to deliver it.

I hope that it will fulfill all of my MePo-needs! :)

Best regards
melstig

Mr.Montesa

Portal Pro
August 9, 2006
Hessen
Home Country
Germany Germany
Ordered one here in germany too.
Will be delivered mid/end of next week. Will swap out my existing AMD X2 HTPC.
What did you pay? Ordered mine fo 524 € including shipment.
BR

lightman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    curious of the performance with MediaPortal, gonna use it as server? or as client?

Mr.Montesa

Portal Pro
    August 9, 2006
    Hessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Perhaps melstig already did some live tests. He should have received his Core 100 already.
    I gonna use it as Single Seat installation.
    Depending on the power, I'll run a linux VM on that one too.
    We'll see. Let you know, once the box arrived.
    BR

melstig

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2006
    Umea
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi folks,
    I now have my system up and running in single seat and the system is almost perfect for my needs.
    I have a dual DVB-T Terratec T5 Tuner and a Terratec H7 with a CAM for Swedish Boxer (no HD). The delivery of these tuners took some time but now they are installed. Se my system specs for more details.

The fans speeds up a little while playing video but it is much more quiet than my old big system.

Live TV works like a charm while recording a couple of SD channels in parallell. The only time the the live TV was lagging was when I was copying 300Gigs of TS-files to the HDD over USB3. Then the system reached its limit. :)

I have played BD just for a quick test, Cloudy with a chance of meatballs, with PowerDVD10 Mark II and it worked just fine. I have no information regarding CPU or GPU usage but the CPU was way below 50%.

I only have problems when the systems comeas out of hibernate after the night but I will post a bugreport regarding this. I do not think that it is relatet to the hardware, I hope, I hope...

Hope this helps someone.

best regards
    melstig

Update:
    The systems total power consumtion including the PS for the H7 is 52W while watching SD TV, 3W while hibernated.

Mr.Montesa

Portal Pro
    August 9, 2006
    Hessen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for info.
    In the meantime my reseller told me that the device is delayed without target date.
    Arghh.
    Cancled the order and looking for another reseller.
    BR

Users who are viewing this thread