Asterisk CallerID plugin (2 Viewers)

troky

Portal Member
July 30, 2007
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
I made plugin that displays dialog notification on incoming call using Asterisk Manager Interface. It has only basic functionality for now...

Plugin can be downloaded HERE.
It is build on 0.2.3 RC1 SVN. As soon as I clean up the code I'll upload source to repository.
Extract to process plugins folder and configure. Leave 'Channel' field empty to intercept calls on all channels.

Post bug reports and possible feature requests in this thread.

Regards,
Troky

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    awesome,

I'll give it a try today and let you know.....

tried the plugin with little success. I could load and configure and within the logs when MP starts I can see it initialized, but when I make an inbound call nothing happens. There is nothing in the MP logs that show any activity for the plugin.

I am running a multiseat MP with svn from 6 aug 2007

Is there something I must add to the asterisk cnfig other than default.?

troky

Portal Member
    July 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Check your log to see if plugin is connected to asterisk. If not, it won't work.

Check THIS page to se how to configure asterisk manager. Username/secret must be provided for plugint to work.

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    in the logs I can see it logging in and then thats it. I can telnet to my box and get responses not a problem. Does this only work on the original skin. I have have spin saf revolve running. Where should I be seeing the cli or does it only stop media when the pone rings?

Have you also noticed that with the plugin activated, if you shut down media portal, the exe is still active in task manager and has to be killed through task manager.

troky

Portal Member
    July 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    in the logs I can see it logging in and then thats it. I can telnet to my box and get responses not a problem. Does this only work on the original skin. I have have spin saf revolve running. Where should I be seeing the cli or does it only stop media when the pone rings?

Have you also noticed that with the plugin activated, if you shut down media portal, the exe is still active in task manager and has to be killed through task manager.

When call is detected built-in notify dialog is displayed on screen. It doesn't interact with skins directly.

Problem with hanging MP process is hopefuly solved now. You can download new version HERE

Regards,
    Troky

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    You have fixed the issue of MP shutting down successfully though.

still no joy with the pop up occurring. What message from asterisk are you acting on and I will see if that is coming through. I am running trixbox with asterisk version 1.2.7.1

troky

Portal Member
    July 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    It monitors for "Event: Newchannel, State: Rsrvd..." to detect new incoming call.
    Does your player get paused on incoming call? Can you send me the log? I've added few more logging points to the last version. You should see all trapped OnXXX events in log.
    I can make version with extensive logging if you want...

Regards,
    Troky

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I think I will need that extensive logging version. All I can see is the initialisation log and the closing logging. nothing in between.

My player does not get paused. I am running the tve3 and running VMR9 in exclusive mode. Even if I do not run player in full screen, I do not see any popups.

troky

Portal Member
    July 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Ok, I'll make debug version today. Threre are probably differences in Asterisk manager interface. I am using asterisk 1.2.18.

BTW... when you go to plugin configuration, enter username/secret... and press OK button, do you get message "Successfuly connected to AMI"?

Regards,
    Troky

charli181

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    BTW... when you go to plugin configuration, enter username/secret... and press OK button, do you get message "Successfuly connected to AMI"?

sure do.

I will download when availalble for the debug version. I will test this with my live asterisk box.

I do have another asterisk box in my labs that I will test on as well. If need be, I will upgrade asterisk to your version and test again as well but prefer not to due to reconfiguring on upgrades......ohhh the pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom