Asus 7131 TV/FM card remote gone insane (1 Viewer)

Hansomfiser

Portal Member
October 25, 2005
Ok really strange stuff going on in here. I reinstalled Intervideo home theater to check if the remote is really working to assure that Media Portal was the issue not compatible with my remote, now the same problems are in Intervideo home theater also. The keys are totally unassigned, only true working keys seem to be 1,3, 9 and the Close command. The others act like a mouse/selector up and down (2 selects up for example).
This happened after I tested some scripts from BennieBoy to make my remote work with Media Portal. But now it seems like it's all trashed.

I have unplugged the usb remote controller and then plugged it in different USB ports to check it out, but it seems to be a little fked up! I wonder if the Autohotkeys program did something to my remote? But I'm not running any script at the moment, and there are no drivers for this remote control, how do I totally reset it?
(it's kinda brand new, bought a week ago, and it worked perfectly until I started messing with Media Portal to make my remote work with it).

Thanks

BennieBoy

Portal Pro
April 22, 2005
Maastricht
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi,

Test it on a computer which had no scripts running.
Then you can rule out some of the possibilities.

The autohotkey does nothing to the assignment of the keys, so if it is not running, nothing should be different than before. Did you already tried new batteries?

Furthermore, the remote can behave like a mouse when you press the toggle key. No indication will be visible when you do that. But then again, the remote should default to keyboard when you reset the computer.

Greetz
Ben

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose compatibility with almost every new version. And new skins are too 'fancy' for my taste. I use a customized version of the default wide skin with only Videos and TV in the main menu. I use mediaportal for recording...
I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
I've been using version 1.2.2.0 for years and have found no need to upgrade to newer version. I hate it that skins loose...
Replies
Views
So my project yesterday was to get my MCE remote working and perfectly mapped with the internal IR receiver of my Antec Fusion Remote case. I have pretty much succeeded using IRSS, great! However there is something I would like to know if I could do in a better way. There are some buttons on my remote (e.g.Visualizations, Eject) that...
So my project yesterday was to get my MCE remote working and perfectly mapped with the internal IR receiver of my Antec Fusion...
So my project yesterday was to get my MCE remote working and perfectly mapped with the internal IR receiver of my Antec Fusion...
Replies
Views
Many thanks for your fast response. Hopefully I'll get to work through these items in the next few days. Kind regards.
Many thanks for your fast response. Hopefully I'll get to work through these items in the next few days. Kind regards.
Hi, I'm new to the world of HTPC and Media Portal but I've decided to give it a go since my Pioneer DVR-LX60D PVR failed and is...
Replies
Views
Hi, only remotes with MCE compatible drivers are supported. I don't know details about the mentioned remote, but it's out of the supported list. MP2.2 contains a Input Manager, if you could not configure your remote with it, it looks not good. We are also working on extended HID support, but this most probably will not help you.
Hi, only remotes with MCE compatible drivers are supported. I don't know details about the mentioned remote, but it's out of the...
After many years of using MP1, these days I'm finally trying to upgrade to MP2.2. I already mastered several hurdles, but now I'm...
Replies
Views
Well I have come up with something that works. It is very dirty and brutal but does the job. I tried other methods, such as SetThreadExecutionState to no avail - despite the DLL appearing to call and report success, it seemed to have no effect at all. So here is what I have: Three Autohotkey (AHK) Scripts. Wake Up.Exe is called by...
Well I have come up with something that works. It is very dirty and brutal but does the job. I tried other methods, such as...
I use an AHK script to launch Mediaportal. The reason is that I can tell it to perform other tasks before launching the programme...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom