Asus Digimatrix (1 Viewer)

L

lingus

How good is this piece of kit with media portal? i'm in a right pickle as to what to buy, do i get the Shuttle ST62K or the Asus Digimatrix, the Asus Pundit-R or the LC11M with bits inside.

Someone help i'm really lost and i feel i have only just hit the top of the iceberg.

Ta
Jeff

L

lingus

Anyone got any opinions? i must say i favour the digimatrix now seeing that it works with MP now with plugins and i only plan to use it as a HTPC

Helza

Portal Pro
April 29, 2004
I ordered one for myself to try out... however it will take 1,5 weeks before my processor will arrive and who knows how long before the digimatrix itself ;(

The digimatrix is hard to come by here in the netherlands, not many shops have it..

L

lingus

The UK seems to be quite good for getting hold of most of the small barebones eg the digimatrix

Helza

Portal Pro
April 29, 2004
Well i received my Digimatrix and installed everything.. so here are my first impressions:

It looks awesome :) it was even smaller then i expected...

Sound is good, its very quiet (only short noise when starting up, after that quiet, except for the HD loading).

VGA, couldn't set 1280x768.. had to use a registry change to get it.. but that only works for VGA not DVI (i use VGA). However the information is not send correctly (its compressed to 1024x768, and i have to set my TV to widescreen to strech it back)

TV quality, decent.. haven't tryed to much yet .. (no timeshift available? need to take a look into that)

Remote: sucks, buttons need to be pressed too hard, but its very sensitive, so you it often overreacts.. However i did find a Girder plugin/driver so i should be able to use my HP remote as the digimatrix receiver should accept all signals.. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Anecdotal testimonies are not helpful. If you guys would like to continue this chat, I'll move this thread to the Café section. The discussion about your issues is taking place here: Installation failing
Anecdotal testimonies are not helpful. If you guys would like to continue this chat, I'll move this thread to the Café section...
I have been looking for a replacement to Windows Media Center for a little over a year.No luck. Now, I'm no Microsoft fanboy, but I...
Replies
Views
Little improvement idea (I hope this is the right thread for this ;) ): When playing media in full screen, the info UI shows the current point in time of the media item in a progress bar. Clicking/touching the progress bar should jump to that point in time, like VLC or other media players would. This would make mouse/touch control...
Little improvement idea (I hope this is the right thread for this ;) ): When playing media in full screen, the info UI shows the...
Today I decided to buy the quite new Acer Switch 10 convertible (tablet+detachable keyboard)...
Replies
Views
amd a6 5400k is prob the sweetspot if wanting a cheap client that still has good performance. it also is best value and can handle 1080i with ease.
amd a6 5400k is prob the sweetspot if wanting a cheap client that still has good performance. it also is best value and can handle...
Hi everyone, I'm coming from a WMC + MyMovies plug-in user who switched to XBMC after becoming disgruntled with the lack of...
Replies
Views
Maybe a complete-guide is not needed. Even a single task and how you solve it might be worth for a wiki page. This way it is easier for others to write a similar one and if there are several single-task-guides, somebody else might pick them up to make a complete one out of it.
Maybe a complete-guide is not needed. Even a single task and how you solve it might be worth for a wiki page. This way it is easier...
Hi everybody, I may be a bad coder, but my XAML/WPF/MPF knowledge is even worse. I'm trying hard, but I need your help. I started...
Replies
Views
Thread moved to public forum. Please note that the status of this thread is "Not open for further replies", which actually means team-members and plugin devs can reply, but others can not, hence it is "read only".
Thread moved to public forum. Please note that the status of this thread is "Not open for further replies", which actually means...
Dear community, I started this thread some time ago in the internal team forums, but we think it is time to share it with you. It...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom