Asus MyCinema P7131 Not Detected - Different Device ID (1 Viewer)

wxman

July 28, 2006
Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.2 (2006-07-22)
MediaPortal Skin: MCE
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: CyberLink MPEG Muxer
Video Codec: CyberLink MPEG Video Decoder
CPU Type: AMD Athlon XP - 2.2GHz
Memory: 1 GB
Motherboard: nVidia-nForce
TV Card Model: Asus My Cinema P7131
TV Card Driver: 13.3.1.7
Video Card Model: Nvidia Geforce 6800 GT (256 MB)
Video Card Resolution: 1280x1024
Audio Card Model: Creative Audigy Audio Processor (WDM)
Synopsis::

My Asus MyCinema P7131 TV Card (NOT the dual version) is not being detected by MediaPortal. I have searched through all the forum topics and tried what people have suggested to get the card to work and still can't get it to work. I know it is supported by MediaPortal.

I did notice that my device id differs from that in the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml file for my card. I tried changing it, but it did not work.

Here is my device id from the device manager: ven_1131&dev_7133&subsys_48451043&rev_d0

I think this is what was there by default in the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml file contains: ven_1131&dev_7133&subsys_48621043&rev_d0

wxman

July 28, 2006
Almost Working

I found looking at the filter graph program (which is used to send in for on getting a card supported) and using my id, that by changing the capturename in the CaptureCardDefinition.xml file for my card from "713x BDA Digital Capture" to "713x BDA Analog Capture" I now get "unable to create graph for this device" when adding my card. Then in the following window, it is listed.

TV is still not working and I saw the support documentation for the error, and I do have an mpeg video decoder (the Cyberlink one).

I have to go, so I'll play around with this more tomorrow. In the meantime, any other thoughts?

wxman

July 28, 2006
Ok, I'm stuck I still cannot get it to work. I think that there are more things to change in th CaptureCardDefinitions file that I cannot figure out.

So I have used graphedit to get all the filter information and it can be viewed here: Click here to view it

I followed the procedure for getting a card supported and sent it to: dman_lfc@hotmail.com, 2 days ago and have not heard back. About how long does it generally take?

Any assistance would be much appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom