Asus S-Presso S1-P111 plugin (1 Viewer)

rsenden

Portal Pro
August 22, 2006
Rotterdam, NL
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
This is a MediaPortal Plugin for supporting various features of the Asus S-Presso S1-P111 barebone. This includes the following functionality:

• Light the various mode icons based on the currently playing media or the current screen in MediaPortal.
  • Light the Play, Pause and Record icons depending on the status of the MediaPortal player.
  • Display the current time when the MediaPortal player isn't playing.
  • Display the elapsed time then the MediaPortal player is playing.
  • Perform actions when the front panel buttons are pressed.

Updated version 2.2.0.0 (Nov 4, 2011)
Changes since last version:
  • Update for MediaPortal 1.2.x

Preferably you should install this plug-in using the MediaPortal Extension Installer, where it is listed as SpressoDisplayPlugin' under 'Known Extensions'.

ikke4

April 11, 2006
hi Ruud,

thanx for the plugin, i'm also a owner of the spresso and looking forward to the develepment of this plugin... it would be wonderfull if mediaportal will benefit from the goodies on the spresso...

i'will test it the plugin this weekend.. i'll let you know ..

greetingz from ikke

nijmegen

rsenden

Portal Pro
August 22, 2006
Rotterdam, NL
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
New Version

Hi Ikke,

Thank you for testing the plugin, please let me know the results. Please note that I just uploaded a new version (might not yet be available for download), which probably fixes display mess-up problems related to standby/hibernate and has support added for the front panel buttons.

With kind regards,
Ruud.

rsenden

Portal Pro
August 22, 2006
Rotterdam, NL
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Display mess-up

Post about display mess-up deleted. It looks like my display problems were actually caused by a hardware fault (loose connector), and thus not software-related.

mau_mau

Portal Member
December 4, 2006
Home Country
Italy Italy
I'm an S-Presso user.
I try your plugin and for me it's GREAT!!
It works well (I'm not tested very hard, but it seems) and it's very simple.
The only little problem I found is that playng video files, the display says VCD, but I think it's a very little probles.

The biggest problem is to make the remote works.......

Do you have news with it?

Does someone have solved this problem?

Thank You for you work and for your reply.
Maurizio

rsenden

Portal Pro
August 22, 2006
Rotterdam, NL
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi Maurizio,

Thank you for your reply, it's good to hear that you're enjoying my plugin. So far it's been downloaded more than 200 times but you're the first one that I hear back from.

About the VCD-display; I'm using the standard S-Presso mode icons, VCD is the closest to video I think. If I remember correctly even the Asus-supplied Intervideo software does the same.

I'm not using the Asus remote (using the Hauppauge PVR-350 remote instead), so unfortunately I cannot help you with that at the moment. Maybe some time in the future.

Regards,
Ruud.

mau_mau

Portal Member
December 4, 2006
Home Country
Italy Italy
Do you know how can I try to map the original s-presso remote in MP?
I think that with the "general HID" or "key mapping" it's possible, but I don't know how to "learn" the keys from the remote and where insert the codes (if this is the right way)......
I try a search, but don't have results.
Do you know the way?
Thank you
Bye
Maurizio

mau_mau

Portal Member
December 4, 2006
Home Country
Italy Italy
I found a way, with AUTOHOTKEYS to work with original S-Pressso remote in Mediaportal (simply mapping original keys to MP keys in an .AHK file).
If someone interested with it, I can attach this .AHK file.

Bye
Maurizio

rsenden

Portal Pro
August 22, 2006
Rotterdam, NL
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Asus S-Presso remote control plugin

Hi everybody,

I've recently developed a new plugin with which one can make the Asus S-Presso remote to work in MediaPortal. The plugin itself is actually more generic, allowing arbitrary key presses (including modifier keys like Control, Shift and Alt) to be mapped to actions, windows, etc. Configuration is similar to regular MediaPortal remotes.

I've started a new thread for this plugin, located at https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/generic_keyboard_remote_input_plugin-t25755.html. Please post any generic comments about the plugin there. Asus S-Presso specific questions and comments should still be posted here.

Kind regards,
Ruud Senden.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom