Asus S-presso (1 Viewer)

woger

March 4, 2006
Netherlands
Hi there,

I am trying to install my Asus S-presso machine as a Media Center for more than a week now and I am now so far that I am formatting my harddisk again at the moment. I am having terrible troubles getting the tv card in the S-presso to work with other software then the instanton and mediacenter which came with the machine.
I found out that the S-presso is terrible bad maintained by Asus and it seems that I am the only one in the world who wants to use it with anything else then MCE.
Anyway,
As far as I know the tv card is an Asus PVR-416 which is a basic copy off the leadtek winfast 2000XP Expert. As I install the standard drivers which came with the box, the drivers are called "leadtek winfast 2000XP Expert WDM driver" so this verifies wath I found out earlier.

Now, when I install MP, it finds a "generic tvcard with s/w coding" (or someting similar, I can't check it now because I am formatting ;-)). Is that normal or should it find the leadtek / asus which is in the capture cards database?
The problem is that since 9-1 the sw cards are not supported anymore and as far as I know this card has a hw decoder.

Is there anyone who has such a card and/or a S-presso who managed to install it correctly?

Thanks,

Roger

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom