At my wit's end! Firewire from SA8300HD to PC??? (1 Viewer)

codemonkeyda

September 25, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Sorry to post a new thread but I'm new and in information overload with all the available threads, yet nothing seems to work.

All I would like to do right now is be able to view live TV (don't care about the quality for now) on my PC via Firewire connection. I've read most (if not all) threads on the firewire techniques and haven't had much success.

I installed the software from Timmmoore. The device drivers are in place and the SA8300HD devices show up in my hardware list as the AV/C Panel and AV/C Tuner. I have tested the connection using the channel.exe command line app contained within the same package. The channel changes accurately.

However, when I try to view the live feed with VLC (yes I selected the correct capture device) I get a fraction of a second of sound that seems to loop over and over and build in volume, but still no video. I have also tried using some of the tuner DLLs to control the cable box channel. None of them seem to be supported in the recent versions of MediaPortal, BTV, Sage or anything else I can find out there. Either these DLLs are no longer supported or at least the instructions aren't up to date on how to get them functional for the newer versions. It seems like anything and everything I can find out there that relates to this connection method is AT LEAST a year old.

To reiterate, I'm not interested in recording to my PC (at this time). I would just simply like to use my PC to watch TV and be able to change the channel using a software TV Channel Guide.

If someone could please help out with a more up to date tutorial and/or software I'm sure it would be helpful to many other users than just myself.

Any and ALL help is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom